11-07-2006 11:21 AM
How to join our North Carolina Angler Fishing Community
We often hear from people that are having problems joining our website because they aren't sure about the registration process. Hopefully we'll cover the basis here for you to make this easier. Let me say up front that registration is free and the process is very quick.
HOW TO REGISTER
- If you have never registered on our website before simply click on the Register link located in the menu bar near the top of the page.
- Next you will need to enter your Date of Birth. We don't use this information for any reason except to determine if someone is old enough to be a part of our site. NCangler.com is a family friendly website. That means that we want our wives and children to be comfortable here. However, the federal government requires that anyone under the age of 13 fax parental approval to us before they can join the site. By entering your Date of Birth the registration system knows whether to process your registration or require parental approval. Later in the setup of your User Options you can choose whether your Date of Birth and/or Age are seen by others or not. So enter your Date of Birth then click on Proceed.
- Next you will see our Forum Rules. You must agree to abide by these rules in order to be a part of our online fishing community. Here is what you are agreeing to:
If you agree with our rules please click on the button beside I have read, and agree to abide by the North Carolina Angler Fishing rules. and then click on the Register button.
Although the administrators and moderators of NCangler.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of NCangler.com, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of NCangler.com reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.
- On the next page you will enter the following:
User Name - The name you choose must not violate our family friendly decency policy. We recommend that you do not use your complete real name or your email address as those can then be found by search engine bots.
Password - Choose something that is easy for your to remember. You can change this at any time in the User CP (Control Panel), accessible in the menu bar after you register. Note that passwords ARE case sensitive.
Email Address - Enter a valid email address. You will need to enter it twice to confirm it. It is imperative that enter a vaild email address in order to receive your registration confirmation email, to receive thread notifications that you subscribe to and to receive periodic updates from the website Administrator. If you are running a SPAM blocker please add the email address admin@NCangler.com to your list of approved email senders so that our email notices will not be blocked as SPAM. Also, please check your UserCP Options periodically to make sure that your email address is current.
Image Verification - In order to keep SPAM bots from registering and spamming our website we require that you type in the six letters or digits that appear to the right of this entry box.
Referrer - If you were referred to our website by another member and you know their online user name, enter it here. If we have periodic membership drives they may benefit from registering you. If you don't know their online user name just leave this blank.
Time Zone - Choose your time zone and Daylight Savings Time preferences. North Carolina of course is GMT -5 Eastern Time.
Receive Email - Finally click the boxes beside Receive Email from Administrators and/or Receive Email from Other Members based on your preference.
- When you have entered the information to your satisfaction click on Complete Registration.
You will see a confirmation notice that your registration has gone thru. If you don't see this, check to make sure that you have entered all the required information. You have the choice of editing your Profile, modifying your Options, going to the User Control Panel, or going directly to the Forums from this page by simply clicking on the link you wish to follow.
You should receive a confirmation email and a welcome note via Private Message upon completion of your registration. That is it! Welcome to NCangler.com!
LOST PASSWORDS OR E-MAIL CHANGES
If you have joined before and can't log in because you cannot remember your password or have changed your e-mail address and do not have access to it any longer, do not join again in an effort to solve the problem.
The lost password retrieval process can be started by clicking here. You will need to know the e-mail address you joined with and be able to currently access that email account in order to receive a new password.
If you have changed your e-mail address since you registered and do not have access to it any longer, then you can contact us via our support Help Desk or via email to resolve the issue.
Welcome to the North Carolina Angler Fishing community!