PDA

View Full Version : Wake Reservoir 2/18

shemstreet
02-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Mainly posting since no one else has in a few months.

Been pretty slow from shore the past couple of weeks. Hit it this morning before the sleet started and fished the ramp area until around 11:30. Just fishing night crawlers, one on the bottom and one under a float.

One little bass, about 10' and fat, took the worm on the bottom about 10:00. Had another hit on the bottom worm that bit off the rear half of the worm. Also had several takes on the crawler under the float, lost the whole crawler both times. That was set about 2' under the float. Deeper had no hits.

Seeing decent reports from Falls (bass) and Jordan (crappie and striper) on another site, hope we finally get a nice weekend again soon so I can chase the fish instead of waiting for them to come to me.

Falls looks fully recovered from the drought now as well.

At least I got out and the boats are ready to go as soon as the weather lets up.:)

sinker man
02-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey now Shemstreet, you posted this on the wrong thread. Ain't no way I'm going to believe that little bass was ten feet. Now if you had said a big ol ten pounder....:D Well like you said at least you got out there. The slow days make the good ones that much better. AL

shemstreet
02-19-2006, 07:15 AM
Ten inches, would have been wonderful to catch anything either ten feet or ten pounds:) .