PDA

View Full Version : Bond Lake 2/25 -- saw two

lefty
02-26-2006, 10:27 PM
I took a walk around Bond Lake in Cary yesterday and ran into four sets of folks fishing. (I gotta stop taking that walk empty-handed.)

First guy was throwing a plastic minnow and hadn't caught anything today, although he caught some nice fish earlier in the week, and has caught a 7-lb bass there before.

Second guy was out with his neighbor and their boys, fishing worms, and had caught a few small panfish.

Third guy caught about a six-inch bass on worms from the dock.

The couple I talked to last had a 7- or 8-inch catfish.

Sounds like it ain't a bad place to fish at all. The dock and the dam are heavily fished. It's a Community Fishing site, so they stock it in warm weather with channel cats, from what I understand.

Lefty

CoachKinsey
02-27-2006, 09:03 AM
A 'yak is a great way to get out to where the fish are!

I know ... get thee behind me!!!

lefty
02-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Man, the tackle monkey ain't got nothing on the boat monkey!!

I talked with a buddy at church yesterday and got an unexpected answer. He allowed as how he waited too long to get his canoe, his son grew up too quick. Fortunately for him, in one respect, he adopted another boy, so he's looking forward to catching up with the first one and getting a better start on the second.

Good thing kayaks are waterproof -- they ought to hold up well to drooling anglers...

God, grant me patience -- AND HURRY!!

Lefty