PDA

View Full Version : Lake Wylie

bfish
06-01-2006, 04:32 PM
Hope everybody is getting their fishing time in. Finally had time to go crappie fishing at LAKE WYLIE (S.C. side). Slow going at first but around 1030pm the bite was on and then quit biting for an hour or so. Fished till 130am 43 crappie caught and two catfish. Sixteen crappie kept that were 15in-18in long. If the thunderstorms they are calling for tomorrow move out I'll go back friday night. For something completly different, I go to PORTSMOUTH ISLAND (north core bank) every OCT. SURF FISHING. This year I want to fish the inlet side, around where the ferry unloads, with artifical bait. Is this worth the time?

fojoloy
06-01-2006, 04:54 PM
bfish---I can't help you with info at the ferry landing. Rick, Kari and the crew at Morris Marina can help you. If you have a vehicle or boat, on the sound side north of Drum Inlet there is 15 ft. of water for about 1/4 mile right at the shore. It is always good for flounder, drum and trout. Best on incoming and falling tides.

Later, Forrest

bfish
06-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the reply. I see you are from Atlantic, nice area, and the MORRIS MARINA people are wonderful. We will be in trucks. I have fished from DRUM INLET walking north till you get to the bushes. Is there a trail to drive to get to where you said to fish?

fojoloy
06-01-2006, 06:30 PM
bfish--- You can drive shoreline from inlet on sound side as far as it is wide and safe enough for turning around. You may have to walk short distance. When you look north and see where grassy area meets water, it is deep right at waters edge. This info is as it was last fall.

Later, Forrest