PDA

View Full Version : Topsail Offshore King Mackerel Tournament

Topsail Angler
08-12-2009, 08:19 PM
I am making this announcement for our sponsor, Topsail Offshore Fishing Club. Their annual KMT is August 21-22 and is being held in Surf City but you can fish anywhere in Onslow Bay and much of Long Bay. This year's tournament is geared toward the local boater (versus the SKA big guns),
including a low $150 entry fee with a first prize of $5000.00, boundaries that help level the playing field with bigger boats and other small boat friendly rules. Check out the details at their website: TOFC.com (http://www.tofc.com)
http://www.ncangler.com/photopost/data/500/medium/topsailKMT09LR.jpg

jimbeamii
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks TA. The Green Dolphin will be there.

Jeffonc
08-12-2009, 10:03 PM
I love the way the banner graphic on the home page came out - very cool!
http://www.ncangler.com/images/bannerads/TopsailOffshore.jpg (http://www.tofc.com/index.html)

Good luck with the tourney and good luck to any NCanglers participating - hope one of our members brings home the big fish and big prize!

sundrop
08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Awesome! Wish i had the boat to do it! Very cool graphics as well!

Topsail Angler
08-12-2009, 10:26 PM
I love the way the banner graphic on the home page came out - very cool!

Randy is DA MAN!

Thanks TA. The Green Dolphin will be there.

Jim - if you are registering in person or are at the captain's meeting, make sure you find me and introduce yourself. Just ask for Mike, I'll be there working. I look forward to meeting you!

jimbeamii
08-13-2009, 08:44 AM
Jim - if you are registering in person or are at the captain's meeting, make sure you find me and introduce yourself. Just ask for Mike, I'll be there working. I look forward to meeting you!

Definitely! See you next Friday.

jimbeamii
08-18-2009, 09:24 AM
TA - any discussion about the weather tournament day? I know of a couple things that have canceled, so far. Right now noaa has it at 4-6ft, but mainly swell.

Maybe if Bill keeps going more west than north we won't get that bad.

Topsail Angler
08-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Lots of discussions (and crossed fingers) but at this point we just keep watching and waiting. I'll make an announcement if we have to change anything.

Topsail Angler
08-20-2009, 12:42 PM
The tournament committee has decided to postpone the tournament until August 29th due to the forecasted seas of 8 feet and higher on Saturday.

pier dweller
08-20-2009, 04:24 PM
TA, got your voicemail on the cancellation. I'm probably gonna stay in Sanford this weekend, and come down in a week or so, for 4 - 5 days.

jimbeamii
08-20-2009, 08:38 PM
The tournament committee has decided to postpone the tournament until August 29th due to the forecasted seas of 8 feet and higher on Saturday.

Thanks for the update Mike. I assume everything else remains the same in terms of schedule -- just pushed back a week. Hopefully this will not impact participation too badly. I know how much work it is to put those things together, coordinate outreach, etc.

Topsail Angler
08-20-2009, 09:38 PM
Yup - schedule as is with the exception of one week later.

pier dweller
08-26-2009, 09:14 PM
Boys, it ain't lookin too good for this weekend either huh?

Topsail Angler
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Crossing my fingers......................

jimbeamii
08-26-2009, 11:48 PM
The forecast is improving a little. On the experimental site the high is down about 2ft from this a.m. -- 4-5ft instead of 5-7ft in Onslow Bay. Danny looks like he can't get his mojo going so he may just fall apart.

4-5ft is ok, especially if it's just swell. That was almost the norm this spring. But a lot of people might not want to deal with it which would be a shame for the TOFC after all this effort.

TimC: prepare for the beating! :D

Island Man
08-27-2009, 08:14 AM
The forecast is improving a little. On the experimental site the high is down about 2ft from this a.m. -- 4-5ft instead of 5-7ft in Onslow Bay. Danny looks like he can't get his mojo going so he may just fall apart.

4-5ft is ok, especially if it's just swell. That was almost the norm this spring. But a lot of people might not want to deal with it which would be a shame for the TOFC after all this effort.

TimC: prepare for the beating! :D

Hope all goes well with the weather and theres good fishing. My moneys on you and Tim since yer my buds :rolleyes:

Catchem Up ;)

Topsail Angler
08-28-2009, 01:17 PM
The Tournament is ON! Registration is today, fish tomorrow.

jimbeamii
08-28-2009, 01:53 PM
The Tournament is ON! Registration is today, fish tomorrow.

We'll see you about 4 Mike. Should we just pick up the purse then or wait until tomorrow? :D

Island Man
08-28-2009, 02:48 PM
We'll see you about 4 Mike. Should we just pick up the purse then or wait until tomorrow? :D

lol Good Luck James..................U too Mike ;);)