PDA

View Full Version : Going to Jordan

Coach D
09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
Taking a break and going fishing this weekdend. First time ever going to Jordan Lake. What should I expect? Have heard about a large number of Crappie being caught up there. Will fish for anything. First time out since football started on July 31st I'm going out so just looking for a good time.

sundrop
09-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Crappie , Bass , pan-sized + Cat all doing well on Jordan right now. My Dad and his buddy fish there often. Pop says the water temp is coming down slowly and fishing will get better and better!! take some live bait ( smallest minnows you can find and crickets) as well as lures ( beetle spins, jigs), they can be finicky with weather changes...
Enjoy!!

lefty
09-13-2006, 08:13 PM
I've heard of folks speaking highly of the points at the bottom of the Haw River as good spots. I've not had a chance to explore them very well... You can launch a 'yak from the Haw River Canoe Launch - start by paddling downstream a couple of hundred yards, try the point right there, then head upstream the other branch until you get to the bottom of the rapids. Or if your boat's too big for that launch, you can use the ramp at Roberson Creek.

Lefty

Coach D
09-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the advice all. I'm hoping to remember how to tie a knot for my hook and lures, it's been so dang long.:o I'm just looking forward to be out on the lake. Catching fish will be a huge improvement though.