PDA

View Full Version : Lefty's lost LM post (Jordan Lake - Weaver Creek)

Jeffonc
03-04-2007, 11:19 PM
This appears to be the sequence of events over the last 24 hours:
Sat March 3, 1:30pm: Lefty catches fish (real one, and nice too)
Sat March 3, 8pm: Lefty posts pic & report on NCangler.com
Sat March 3, sometime after 8pm: NCangler.com blacks out for an extended period.
Sun March 4, 8:55pm Randy posts that the site is back online, but Lefty's fish is nowhere to be found.

What happened in those 24 hours? I've found several theories on the net:
Theory 1) Word of Lefty's conquest brought unparalleled levels of traffic to NCangler.com, driving the ISP over to Sam's Club to buy some new PeoplePC mini-towers to help handle the load.
Theory 2) NCangler's untimely swig of Mtn Dew was reflexively ejected onto his keyboard at the sight of the post and picture in question, causing a catastrophic sequence of short-circuit keystrokes, which took him the last 24 hours to unravel.
Theory 3) The doctored-photo detection agents running surreptitiously in the background at NCangler.com caused a CPU overheat when they couldn't figure out how Lefty and this fish were hewn together in the suspicious jpg. It took all day for the poor buggers to cool down.

Regardless of which one/ones are correct, it has been good to have the site back to normal operation tonight.

Or it was anyway...

http://www.ncangler.com/photopost/data/500/medium/lefty-LM.jpg

This'll have to do until Randy finds the real "Lefty's lost largemouth post"...
18+ inches, estimated 3.5-4lbs
full of eggs
Way back in the creek, off a point, in flooded brush, 2-3' water depth
white spinnerbait

Topsail Angler
03-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Lefty - you are now tied with Forrest for picture related computer crashes! :eek:

NCangler
03-05-2007, 12:08 AM
A good laugh! I needed that. Thanks! :)

fojoloy
03-05-2007, 08:12 AM
I like this better than the original, at least I didn't melt the whole web server down. I believe it had something to to with the exorcism of the Lefty's Curse Of Catching Many Sticks.:D

Dave B.
03-05-2007, 08:43 AM
Good save Jeff!

Stuff happens... funny though, it's on the anniversary of the original Lefty Stick Smack down... hmmmmm... I smell conspiracy ;) sure that's not a photo shop trick??? :) Still odd though, server goes to **** in a handbasket when Kevin catches a fish..... hmmmmm...

lefty
03-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Yup, I like Jeff's rendition as well. I hadn't realized that catching that gal would upset folks enough to crash the site. To be honest, I hope they get over it !

Was it Forrest who offered to help me identify it the first time around, when I asked what species of stick that was? As I recall, we decided it was a "Diploma" -- I sure like the sound of that!

Dave B.
03-05-2007, 09:48 AM
ha ha ha ha... stick it to 'em Lefty! eerrr... ya know what I meant...

Hey, dont know where my one post went, but, mighty fine job on that bass Kevin in as tough of conditions that you were in.. the lake was pretty nasty and the wind was a "blowin". Good job!

Crummy
03-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Lol! That's good.

Dave1273
03-05-2007, 06:46 PM
I vote for Theory #2 that a good 'un :D

zooker
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
**** i still can't belive it.. first he catchs a poor speck in his backlash placing in a salty tourny.. then a BASS...???? so what did you do lefty hit it in the head tossin a stick back in and it floated up.???

lol

good job leftage..

zooker

Topsail Angler
03-05-2007, 07:54 PM
**** i still can't belive it.. first he catchs a poor speck in his backlash placing in a salty tourny.. then a BASS...???? so what did you do lefty hit it in the head tossin a stick back in and it floated up.???

lol

good job leftage..

zooker

:D Now that's funny I don't care who you are!

Bread Man 1
03-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Lefty, I know the number of a good therapist. If needed.:) :) :D :D :D

lefty
03-05-2007, 10:08 PM
Lefty, I know the number of a good therapist. If needed.:) :) :D :D :D

Thanks, but I'm kinda fond of largemouth therapy, rather than the bigmouth kind :D (especially at their rates)

Kayakin' Kelley
03-05-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm sure Lefty would like it to be #1, but having seen Lefty fish it has to be #2. :D

Kayakin' Kelley
03-05-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm sure Lefty would like it to be #1, but having seen Lefty fish it has to be #2. :D

Lets test this and see if the server crashes again.

Here we go..............

http://www.ncangler.com/photopost/data/500/Fish_003.jpg
(http://www.ncangler.com/photopost/data/500/Fish_003.jpg)

NCangler
03-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Please NO! LOL!

Lets test this and see if the server crashes again.

Coach D
03-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay. Maybe it was option 2. The pic hasn't damaged the site yet.

Jeffonc
03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Thumbs up on the vertical pic that Kelley posted. As the photographer, I was trying to get more of the straight-armed, perspective pic to make the fish more prominent, but that was a bigger chore than we could manage while spinning & bouncing on our kayaks in the wind.

Also, the pics were taken with Lefty's camera (cannon a520 I think), while protected by a waterproof camera bag. I'm very impressed with the pics it takes, despite my own limitations as a photographer.

lefty
03-07-2007, 10:37 AM
Yup, it's a Canon A520, 4.1 MP, in an Aquapac bag. Very impressed with the results through the bag -- I was quite skeptical, but once you get the lens of the camera pretty much pressed up against the lens of the bag (ain't gotta be tight, just try a little bit) it seems to do pretty well. A little awkward but a whole lot less awkward than trying to explain to my wife how I lost the camera. :rolleyes:

fojoloy
03-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Yup, it's a Canon A520, 4.1 MP, in an Aquapac bag. Very impressed with the results through the bag

lefty---Does this Aquapac bag magnify the fish and make them look bigger than they actually are? :D

lefty
03-07-2007, 04:47 PM
NO -- I actually caught it, it measured 18" according to the tape in my pocket -- to the CROOK of her tail, not the TIP. I did not calculate the 18" based on analysis of the photographs. I cropped the photos but did not edit them in any other way.

I think my net still smells like fish, if you want to come by and sniff. I've washed my hands since then.

Kayakin' Kelley
03-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Are you sure you weren't using the centimeter side of the tape measure?? :p

NO -- I actually caught it, it measured 18" according to the tape in my pocket -- to the CROOK of her tail, not the TIP. I did not calculate the 18" based on analysis of the photographs. I cropped the photos but did not edit them in any other way.

I think my net still smells like fish, if you want to come by and sniff. I've washed my hands since then.

NCangler
03-07-2007, 05:00 PM
I think I need to send Lefty a NCangler.com t-shirt for enduring the most grief about fishing. ;) Hang in there lefty!

Kayakin' Kelley
03-07-2007, 05:03 PM
Truth be told if anyone knew about my fishing record I'd get worse than Lefty!

lefty
03-07-2007, 05:11 PM
I think I need to send Lefty a NCangler.com t-shirt for enduring the most grief about fishing. ;) Hang in there lefty!

Thanks for the thought, but you're too late! I'm already GQ!

http://www.ncangler.com/forums/attachments/88/562d1170540619-pic-day-boys-005-1.jpg

NCangler
03-07-2007, 07:28 PM
But I can send you a long sleeve one. Looking sharp guys! :cool:

Thanks for the thought, but you're too late! I'm already GQ!