PDA

View Full Version : harris lake

catbird48
03-24-2007, 07:17 AM
we put in at 11am on friday and started fishing the banks with no bites, so we went looking for a pattern. we went the cary creek arm all the way to the last cove on the left before the railroad tracks. as we entered the cove we noticed a lot of bait balls about a third back into the cove suspended above the channel in 18-21 ft of water. the bait was in about 10-14 ft down and the bass were under them. there was some type of cover in the channel and the fish were all over it. so my sweety ,she put on a texas rigged red shad worm, and i ,a carolina rigged a watermellon 5" senko. well she throws toward the bank into about 8 ft of water and slowly dragged it back, then bam, she reels in a nice 3 pounder. then i throw into the same area,with the carolina rigged senko,and bam, a 4 and a half pounder. one more throw, and bam, another 3 pounder. well we had a pattern for the day, and we were ready to go. but if you fish harris this weekend , make sure you check the channels in the coves for bait balls, cause the fish will be sure to follow. the water temp started at 63 and when we left it was 67 in the cove we were in. got to run, catbird...............

NCangler
03-24-2007, 08:50 AM
Sounds like you two had a great time! Thanks for the report and the tip. ;)

backlash
03-24-2007, 01:35 PM
Great Report. Sounds like you had them dialed in.

Topsail Angler
03-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the report!