PDA

View Full Version : bait shop at farrington landing - jordan???

olefisher
04-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I can't stand it...I have to go to Jordan tomorrow to try and catch a crappie fish fry. It will be my first time on Jordan and I'm going to put in at Farrington Landing. I'll be coming from 64 South (Greensboro/Siler City) and wondered if I should get minnows here or if there's a bait shop close to 1008? Any help would be appreciated!
Thought I'd work the coves around the landing...sound like a good starting point on Jordan for crappie and maybe a bass?:)

lefty
04-12-2007, 04:11 PM
As long as you get there while they're open, the "Wilsonville General Store" is on the southeast corner of that intersection, they usually have minnows on hand. (They were closed when I came off the water after dark last time, don't know what their hours are.)

There's another shop on the northwest corner as well -- I've bought worms there, don't know if they've got minnows or not. Both shops have gas and snickers as well.

BTW, US-64 goes east/west, not north/south. :D

michaelg
04-12-2007, 05:34 PM
As you think you're getting close to the lake look for a tower on your left and a storage yard. There is a Citgo on the left at that intersection that has minnows. From there you are about 3/4 mile from seeing the lake for the first time. Go to the next light and turn left (at Wilsonville) and Farrington will be up on the left. Wish I could hook up with ya and head down myself, hopefully next week.
Mike

Take a kid outdoors!

olefisher
04-12-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys...I appreciate the info!!!