PDA

View Full Version : caught a few nice crappie

kthomas
04-13-2007, 06:38 PM
thought i would see if i could attach some pics. oak hollow two weeks ago.

kthomas
04-13-2007, 06:42 PM
well that worked out, so here`s another. A 5 lbs and 8lbs channel caught using large live minnows next to rock shore line. Was going for bass, but this will do.

Topsail Angler
04-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Nice fish! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

backlash
04-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Nice Fish. I hope to pull a few like that from Jordan, tomorrow.

sundrop
04-13-2007, 07:53 PM
Tasty cats !

Jeffonc
04-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Nice Catches kthomas!

But those cats slimed all over the carpet and the foot pedal. I guess that's better than never getting fish goop on them at all. I haven't decided what I'd do in the kayak if I wound up well-hooked with a cat like those. Sure wouldn't want those barbs flipping around in there with me.

I just looked up Oak Hollow on the map - I've only nibbled at the edges of High Point and never realized it was so lake-oriented. It just took a big jump up in my popularity poll. Is Oak Hollow all protected shoreline (dnr, park, corps land) or do they have private property with docks & such on it?

Dave B.
04-13-2007, 10:39 PM
tasty eats right there! Good catch! thanx for sharing.

kthomas
04-14-2007, 08:14 AM
oak hollow is all park, no private residents, all fishing from bank is done from marina area. Ive had some real good days for channel cats but i`m still trying to figure out the hybrid. Got one bite last year out in the middle of the lake and it swam away with my rod and reel combo. The fish hit like a freight train. I turn to get a coke i hear the pole disengage from the cooler it was sitting under. I look back and see the reel and butt end of rod flipping over the side in 30 ft of water. I peer a look over the side and there is nothing but green depth. I turn to m buddy and say "what just happened". He says "looks like you got yourself a hundred dollar bite."
We were trolling with live shad. Will try again soon, when the weather dictates. talk to you guys soon. I`m off to townsend. good fishing.