PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Lake 4/21 -22

backlash
04-23-2007, 07:22 AM
I loaded up my Wife and Son on Saturday and headed for Jordan to take advantage of the beautiful weather. We had hoped to catch some crappie. The lake was up about six feet and pretty muddy. We tried fishing one my favorite spots that always produces but with the rise in lake level I had a hard time finding crappie. Tried fishing shallow to begin with because the water was in the trees but couldn't find any fish. Then I decided to fish deep over the structure that we normally hold Crappie. This is when I fell in love with my new Lowrance 520c. I found the area that I was looking for and set everyone's bait to six feet. Justin was the first to hook up but was disturbed when his Mother caught a bigger fish. All was saved when he caught a 12" Crappie for the basket. My Wife and Son ended up catching a few more keepers while Dad was skunked on the day.

I took Justin back yesterday, to redeem myself. The lake had dropped about a foot and half and the fishing hadn't gotten any better but we managed to find a few Crappie a little shallower at about 3 ft. I even managed to land a 2 pound Bass on my little UL rig.

They're drawing the lake down pretty hard it should be back to normal in a few days provided that we don't get any more big storms.

Dave B.
04-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Nice! sounds like a good day.. weather looked great for sure!

backlash
04-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Hey Dave. I scrambled to get home Friday so I would have enough time to mount my new Lowrance 520c. What an awesome unit. The color screen makes all the difference. Can't wait to post some good screen shots on the Fish finder interpretations thread.