PDA

View Full Version : Rhodes Pond 4/28 & 4/29

Coach D
04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Went to the little pond outside of Godwin and had a decent day. Since taking back up fishing last year myself and my best friend from middle school have only caught maybe 3 or 4 fish. That all changed this weekend. We didn't catch anything worth keeping but it was a hoot just to be able to bring fish out of the water. I used nothing but small minnows and caught about 12 crappie and he was using red worms and killing the blue gill (approx 20 over the two days.). Most of the blue gill were barely bigger then a large minnow but like I said we are optimistic now about our chances of catching fish.

By the way, Rhodes is supposed to be in the state record book for tying the state record for crappie. Guy supposedly had it certified. We'll see.

RobLatta
04-30-2007, 11:53 AM
I havent caught 1 crappie out of there. Ive caught a few small bass and that one probably 3lbs or so. wher eyou getting the minows? Ill probably go there today this evening when it starts cooling down.

Coach D
04-30-2007, 01:46 PM
I bought my minnows in erwin at the fish box. There is another bait shop in dunn right off of 301. Just go past the intersection of 421 and 301 (if you are on 301 heading north) it is supposed to be up in there about 3 blocks away. Have not seen it though so I don't know.

Coach D
05-02-2007, 08:19 PM
Went to rhodes again today after an mri in the morning. Got there around noon with my minnows and a batch of red worms. In the first hour I caught 4 different species. Was a blast. Ended catching 5 very small chain pickeral, 2 small white crappie, 4 Fliers, 3 bluegill not much bigger then large minnows, 1 catfish about 1 lb or so (on a red worm), and another fish weighing about 3 lbs that I have not identified yet but a guy there said it was a carp. Didn't look like the pic on this site or ncwildlife.com. All in all a good day for a guy who hasn't had any luck until recently.

Coach D
05-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Hopefully next time i'll have pics since i finally figured out what was wrong with my camera phone. Night mode was turned on and it was over exposing the picture. All you see is white and black blurs.

Rob shoot me a pm and i'll tell you how to get to the fish box in erwin. I think you said that you live in north fayetteville. Very easy to get there. Been fishing with his stuff 3 times now and they catch fish and don't die. I used some places stuff and they were dying after 3 hours after 6 hours in the sun they were acting like they just came out the cooler.

RobLatta
05-07-2007, 06:15 PM
That unnamed fish you caught you think it was a drum? silver color and kinda purr at ya like a cat?
I finally caught a crappie out of there the other day. on a chartruse beetle spin.

Here the bass I caught
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k49/Flatblackterror/bass.jpg

backlash
05-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Nice Rob. Boy that is a dark Bass.

RobLatta
05-07-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks rhodes pond is blackwater

backlash
05-08-2007, 10:52 PM
Might have to give it a try this weekend.

RobLatta
05-09-2007, 06:28 PM
let me know I'll go with ya.

backlash
05-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Give me until Friday to see what happens.

RobLatta
05-10-2007, 09:50 PM
No problem..Ill probably be there anyways haha

backlash
05-10-2007, 10:03 PM
I get back to Fayetteville about 4pm, tomorrow. I'll send you a PM sometime tomorrow evening.