PDA

View Full Version : Swift Creek and Simpkins Pond

bankandsurf
05-29-2007, 12:18 PM
So I spent memorial day fishing (I know big suprise) spent the morning working through Swift creek from under the Holly Springs road bridge to about one mile upstream towards Lochmere. Caught really good numbers but only 2 or 3, 6 and 7" gills, and orange speckled. was kinda disapointed in the water I really don't think the big fish are there, they may have been further down stream. Now my afternoon was a different story. I spend it fishing one small 40' area all afternoon. This area was loaded with 7-9" Blue gills that we nice and thick, and fought really hard on the UL gear I was using, so the day ended well. I was using red worms, wax worms, meal worms, spinners and jigs at both locations.

Coach D
05-29-2007, 12:56 PM
Sounds like a good day out. Thanks for telling us. Holly springs isn't that far from me.

LiveBait
05-29-2007, 01:43 PM
Sounds like a great time bankandsurf. I live right down the road from the Holly Srings Rd. bridge. I never thought about fishing that part of Swift Creek.

Mark

bankandsurf
05-29-2007, 03:15 PM
Livebait,

The fish we small but good way to spend an afternoon, my parents live near the Holly springs and penny road intersection, so it was really convenient for me I drop the kids off with her and it is 3 min down the road, and the best thing is no one is ever there.

LiveBait
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
bankandsurf,

I would like to check it out with you one day.

Mark

Coach D
05-30-2007, 10:31 AM
That's a public access area? Do you park on the side of the road?

bankandsurf
05-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Livebait,

That sounds like a plan I would like to check out the other side as well it looks deeper going towards wheeler.

Coach,

It is a public access area but it is owned by the Nature Conservancy and is called Swift Creek Bluffs. The access is right beside the Cary water treatment plant. If you blink you will miss it there are no signs visible from the road it looks like a small gravel parking lot next to the plant.