PDA

View Full Version : Want to help Heroes on the Water?

toba
12-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Michelle, Celia, and Matt have a done an incredible job this year getting wounded warrior and their families out on the water for day of kayak fishing. They recently took inventory on their gear and made a list of miscellaneous things they need for 2012.

The list is as follows: 4 rod bags, 16 rod sleeves (socks), 4 kayak straps, fishing line, 2 nets, 2 bilge pumps, 4 Scotty rod holders, and 4 fish grips.

Carolina Yakfish raised quite a bit of money to pay for a lot of their operating expenses and gear for 2012. We could buy this stuff for them if we need to. I just wanted to put this out there because I know there are some folks out there that have some of this stuff laying around your house or garage collecting dust. If it is in good working order, and is currently not being used by you, Heroes on the Water would be happy to take it off your hands for you and put it to good use!

Feel free to PM me if you have anything you'd like to donate or if you have any questions.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Bob D

CatSlayer715
12-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Is there any way i could take a wounded warrior out on my center console to catfish on the Neuse river?? Ive always wanted to contribute to the wounded warrior movement.

toba
12-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Thanks very much, CS! Sent you a PM...

Jeffonc
01-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Found this in storage. Rods and reel sack, Circa 1999, never opened... Have a second one that was opened. It looks like the current state of the art is expandable, woven plastic. If that's more of what they had in mind, i'll keep an eye out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk