PDA

View Full Version : Wake Forest Reservoir - 6.10.2007

d-el
06-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Paddled to the north end of the Wake Forest Reservoir around noon today, and let the light wind carry me back towards the launch. Spotted several bass scooting around the shallows in the north end, but couldn't manage to catch any of them.

All in all it was a very slow day. Caught 1 sunfish and 1 skinny largemouth who was not picture worthy, but had his picture taken anyway :) I spent most of the day casting spinnerbaits and in-line spinners. Tried senkos for a while too. The one bass that I did catch came on the first cast of a 4'' plastic ribbon-tail worm. I thought I was onto them then, but only managed a few light strikes with the worm after that. The bass seem to like the plastics in the WF Reservoir, I need to get more adept at fishing with them.

Jeffonc
06-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Hey d-el,
He looks just like the one I caught there last time. And the ones the time before that, and the time before that too... I smell a pattern here.

Glad you got out! I was motivated today to try and pull my old flyrod out after I got the lawn mowed. I was planning to try and pull a few fish from from your rock in the middle of the Neuse, but got way-layed here on the computer... Now I've got to race just to get the lawn mowed.

d-el
06-10-2007, 08:37 PM
Hey d-el,
He looks just like the one I caught there last time. And the ones the time before that, and the time before that too... I smell a pattern here.

Yeah, you know, I think the WF Reservoir is a haven for mal-nourished bass. :)There's gotta be some big ones in there right? Anybody ever caught a sizable bass in there? It is such a nice little body of water, and I would definitely rather go there than fight crowds on Falls Lake. But if I am ever going to catch a bass worth telling a story about, I'm starting to doubt it is going to be pulled out of there.

I was planning to try and pull a few fish from from your rock in the middle of the Neuse...I can give you a little update on that area of the Neuse. I think the crappie have moved out and the sunfish have moved in. I fly-fished there Friday night and caught a couple sunfish on a panfish popper. The fun thing about fishing there is the wild stuff that you *might* catch. On Friday I had a monsterous fish sniff my wooly bugger and then slowly swim away. I'm pretty sure it was a bowfin (hopefully not a Snakehead!). It was easily 10 pounds. Whatever it was, my heart stopped as he swam past my toes.

sundrop
06-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Sounds like we need to drop a few thousand minnows in there and fatten em up!!!!!!!!!