PDA

View Full Version : 15'4" Gheenoe Boat & Road King Trailer Raffle

NCBoatsLLC
01-12-2012, 01:46 PM
To all,

My lodge, Charles B. Newcomb Masonic Lodge #740 AF&AM, is sponsoring a raffle for a 15'4" Gheenoe boat and a Road King trailer. All of the proceeds will go to the Masonic Home for Children in Oxford, North Carolina. All of the details can be found on my web page, www.ncboatsllc.com (http://www.ncboatsllc.com)

Thanks for any support that you may be able to provide. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bob Hamilton
NC Boats, LLC

Jeffonc
01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I could make room for one of those somewhere in the garage. I meant to get some tickets when I made my 2nd and 3rd trips around the Expo, but I bought goodies instead.

The Paypal page shows $5 shipping charge when I enter a zip (pic below) - is that correct?

NCBoatsLLC
01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
That is not correct. I will get that fixed immediately. There should be no shipping cost. I will let you know when it is fixed. Thanks.

Bob

NCBoatsLLC
01-12-2012, 02:33 PM
It has been fixed. Long story, but there is no shipping now. Thanks for the heads up.

Bob

Jeffonc
01-12-2012, 02:43 PM
It has been fixed. Long story, but there is no shipping now. Thanks for the heads up.

Bob
It can't be that long of a long story - it only took a few minutes to fix! Thanks, Bob!

Topsail Angler
01-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Got mine! Process worked fine.

Jeff - it depends on who is telling the story, I've been accused of turningg a short story into an epic novel.... imagine that! :eek:

NCBoatsLLC
01-12-2012, 03:42 PM
To be honest, I had to call PayPal. They did some tweaking on their end. I did not understand the technical jargon that they used, so I just said it was " a long story". :)

Thanks to everyone in advance and your stubs will be in the mail.

Bob

NCangler
01-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I just ordered one. I would have ordered more if I had that option. You might want to check to see if they can change the code to allow for updating the quantity. :)

NCBoatsLLC
01-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Good idea, I will work on that.

Bob

NCBoatsLLC
01-12-2012, 03:59 PM
You can now order one or more tickets. Thanks again for the idea. I am going to be an expert before this is over.

Bob

NCBoatsLLC
01-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Thanks to all that have already participated. You people are great!

Bob

RouseD
01-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Just got my ticket. Hope other Red X Anglers will buy also.

J Scott
01-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Bob,

Is there any where local (Holly Springs)where we can pick them up and not have to mess with the paypal thing?

NCBoatsLLC
01-14-2012, 01:48 PM
J Scott,

I can understand if you don't like PayPal, it does not cost you to use it, it costs me for you to use it. I am just trying to save people some travel time and gas expenses.

Lodge members have them to sell. We meet every third Thursday and eat a meal prior to our meeting from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. You are welcome to attend the meal anytime, but please let me know in advance so we will have enough food.

I will also be taking some to the Tackle Box in Fuquay. I can also meet you around Holly Springs or Fuquay Varina. You can also mail a check to my P.O Box and I will mail you a stub(s). Make the check payable to Charles B. Newcomb Masonic Lodge. Mail to:

NC Boats, LLC
P.O. Box 300
Holly Springs, NC 27540

I am trying to make this as easy on participants as possible.

Bob

NCBoatsLLC
01-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Just a quick update, I took some tickets over to the Tackle Box in Fuquay on the corner of Highway 55 and Dickens Road.

Bob

NCBoatsLLC
02-05-2012, 11:22 AM
We still have tickets available.

Bob

NCBoatsLLC
02-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Well like I said, this has been a learning experience. I was contacted by PayPal today to say that I was in violation of their terms and conditions for selling raffle tickets through them. I have removed the PayPal purchase button on my web site, www.ncboatsllc.com (http://www.ncboatsllc.com). I am also required to provide refunds to anyone that requests one that purchased tickets through PayPal (I don't think I will get any, but I would provide one no matter what the reason).

You can still purchase tickets by calling my business line, 919-346-0167 and providing a credit card number, or by mailing a check made out to Charles B. Newcomb Masonic Lodge to NC Boats, LLC, P.O. Box 300, Holly Springs, NC 27540.

I will also have ticket available at the Central Carolina Boat and Fishing Expo in Greensboro, NC.

Thanks again to all of you that have supported this great cause.

On a humorous note, from my past posts you will see that I called PayPal to set up the button and they helped me do it. :confused:

NCBoatsLLC
04-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Just to update you. We do have tickets left. You can purchase by calling me or mailing a check. Or you can go to my web site and enter a donation. If you do this in $5.00 increments, I will send you one or more free raffle tickets.

The drawing is April 28, 2012, and you do not need to be present to win. Good luck and thanks to all that have previously bought tickets.

Bob

And yes, PayPal does let me take donations. ;)

NCTribute
05-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Any news on what the winning ticket was?

NCBoatsLLC
05-02-2012, 04:54 PM
I apologize, I thought I posted the winner on Saturday. The winning number is 016 to J. Johnson of Angier, North Carolina. I did not sell the ticket to him, but I know him. He is not a boater and I am going to meet with him and see if he is interested in donating the cost of the boat and trailer to the children's home. Wish me luck.

Thanks again to all that participated.

Bob