PDA

View Full Version : jordan lake fishing today

striperjunkie
06-23-2007, 07:08 PM
me and my wife went to jordan today and this was the end result
the pics will speak for themself but just to answer any questions we got on the water this morning around 7:30 and came off the water around 2:30..we boated 18 fish total with all of them ranging from 6 to 10 lbs.all were caught trolling bucktails and all were caught all over the main lake fishing from 9 to 12 ft deep but anyway it was alot of fun to say the least. ya'll enjoy the pics and i will be putting some post on here as to when i will be going back and if i have room for someone then your welcome to come along and have some fun..we ended up keeping 6 fish and turned back 12

NCangler
06-23-2007, 07:19 PM
Great day on the lake for sure! ;)

kthomas
06-23-2007, 07:22 PM
excelllent day for sure.

striperjunkie
06-23-2007, 07:26 PM
ya know i had'nt have that much fun in a long time and what was the best thing of all was my wife had to reel in all the fish i would'nt reel in any of them.she was so wore out by the time we got home.i thought she was gonna fall flat on her face.and pass out.

Topsail Angler
06-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Nice! Looks like you did very well & had fun.

backlash
06-23-2007, 08:42 PM
I heard someone on the radio say there was a lady catching a mess of fish up there. Way to go and thanks for the report.

Dave B.
06-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Good haul Junkie! ;)

Jeffonc
06-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Awesome - and on a beautiful saturday in June no less. Boat traffic must have been nuts and you're hauling stripes one after the next. You (and Mrs Junkie) ruled the water today!

What speed do you pull the jigs through the water? Are they freelined or do you have something keeping them at depth?

I'm still on a (slow) mission to get a Jordan striper from the kayak. Looks like I may change the location of my morning exercise paddle this week...

puppydrum48
06-23-2007, 10:20 PM
cant really tell but they look like specks. dont think i ever caught specks that big. they sure are some nice ones. making me hungry just looking at them

sundrop
06-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Nice stuff man!!!

LiveBait
06-23-2007, 11:57 PM
Great day for sure!!!

sinker man
06-24-2007, 12:06 AM
It looks like the Mrs. earned her keep for at least another week. LOL That sure looks like an excuse to take Monday off to me.:D

Puppydrum, them was Manteo specks! You know the code...Never tell'em what you got or where they came from. ;)

Jeffonc
06-24-2007, 05:54 AM
What speed do you pull the jigs through the water? Are they freelined or do you have something keeping them at depth?

Took a closer look at the pics and got part of my answer - definitely downriggers engaged in the 6th pic...

striperjunkie
06-24-2007, 09:45 AM
well guys i use downriggers and leadcore line and i troll them around 3mph during the summer..that speed seemsd to really make the fish more aggressive when they bite.the main thing is that you guys need to get with me when im going and just tag along with me and have some fun..i will not be going this comming week or the week aftre mainly cause im going to the big water.me and the misses are going to ocracoke newxt week and i have to get all my stuff ready..but as soon as i get back i will be hitting the lake probably 3 times a week in the evening and on the weekend.and i always have room for at least 1 if not 2 people.and all you guys arewelcome to tag along and see how it's done

Hunter's Haven
06-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Thanks for sharing with us. It's always great to get a good fishing report but a smile on a wife's face......priceless!
Gery

sundrop
06-24-2007, 01:45 PM
It is great to have a spouse who enjoys the sport as well !!!

SeaCat
06-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Nice job! I hung about a 30'' today and it got off at the boat! It was really strong!

Amy
06-24-2007, 06:38 PM
There is nuttin' like it! I love to fish for those stripers and show people that even though I am a girlie girl, I can still kick a man's butt when it comes to fishin!!! :D :D