NC Angler Forums banner

Night Fishing Beaver Dam

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  dampeoples 
#1 ·
OK went out Sat night and did soome cat fishing from the shore. Had two cat rods out one rigged for bottom and the other under a bobber both baited with fresh cut bluegill. Ended up catching two Yellow Bellied Slider Turtles a two pound channel and a hand full of gill(on my pan rod) wasn't a total loss but not as good as it could have been. BTW I never had much luck with cats at Beaverdam.

#2 ·
I've never done well at BD either for Cats. I used to go on around weaver rd to the bridge where the water is deeper but it is a steep pile of rocks to climb up and down and it gets "snakey"....

#5 ·
Not too deep out there until you get to the main lake, maybe 8 at the highest point!

Far as night fishing, and out of the park access, the bridge is about it, there is a path to the shore past the bridge, but it's shallow out there, but a nice long cast would put you in some deeper water, no snakey rocks either :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.