PDA

View Full Version : 8/20/07 - Falls

Jeffonc
08-20-2007, 10:12 AM
another monday morning paddle out of Upper Barton, another handful of fish. pretty quiet (but breezy) until 7:45, then the wind laid down for a few minutes and the lake surface erupted. Caught 4 between 7:45 & 8:00, then the last two on the paddle home. All of them out near the mouth of Upper Bartons. All trolling crankbaits - 4 on that same rapala shad rap in the foil shad, 2 on the Lucky Craft Flat CB in a chartreuse shad.

16" white - 1.5lbs - LC
16" LM - shad rap
17" white - 2.1lbs (minus a couple ounces for the gripper). - shad rap
catfish (pictured) - LC
6" white - shad rap
another catfish (not pictured) - shad rap

Its not 12, but its no skunk either. Came one white perch short of a 4-species slam.

Jeffonc
08-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Not sure I can count this fellow as the anchor of my slam. But I'm pretty sure this is a personal record - smallest fish ever...

lefty
08-20-2007, 10:51 AM
I gotta figure out a way to handle these early-morning reveilles.

Congratulations. Sigh.

I see you zeroed out your scale to account for the weight of the gripper -- I like that idea. makes for kinda a lot of vertical distance ya need to hold 'em up, but aside from that, I like it.

Jeffonc
08-20-2007, 10:59 AM
I see you zeroed out your scale to account for the weight of the gripper

Not sure where you saw that... The gripper alone rated at a 0.2 lbs on the scale, which pulls my bigger white down under the 2lb trophy certification level:(. They were definitely bigger last week, when the scale and ruler were left in the garage!!

lefty
08-20-2007, 11:05 AM
My mistake -- I guess what I saw was that you were weighing the gripper along with the fish. I'd incorrectly assumed you'd reset your zero point. Just gotta remember to "burn the inch", to borrow a woodworking expression... That works too.

Topsail Angler
08-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Nice fish Jeff!

LiveBait
08-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Nice early morning catch Jeff!