PDA

View Full Version : Aug 30, 2007 - Falls Lake

Jeffonc
08-30-2007, 11:18 AM
I read Sundrop's report and thought maybe he was onto something with that shad rap trolling idea, so I thought I'd give it a shot up here at Falls. But I don't know if its going to be a reliable long-term strategy because I didn't catch one single striped bass!:p I did catch one single largemouth bass, but thats all.:(

Plenty of paddling, not so much catching. It looks like my captive audience of fish might have finally strayed. The breeze was blowing into Upper Barton, breaking up the water - I never saw any surface action there or in the river channel. I made a couple loops into Lower Barton which was more protected from the wind and there were some small fish riding herd on the shad but I couldn't hook anything up in there. Eventually I managed to run into my one largemouth back at the mouth of Upper Barton. Driving home over the 98 bridge I saw a school of better sized fish busting shad down by the fishing access on the southeast side - maybe next time I'll do like Bugs Bunny and take that left at Albuquerque...

lefty
08-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Still a nice-lookin' Fish!!!

LiveBait
08-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Quality looking Bass!

sundrop
08-31-2007, 12:16 AM
lookin' Good!!! Sounds like the wind was working against you... Don't be afraid to try it again!!