PDA

View Full Version : Never been to tillery need help.

hip
09-12-2007, 07:12 PM
I have been invited on a bass tournament at lake tillery. 9 -15- 07 . All I can win is biggest fish. And thats all I want. Last year at this time, the only fish I saw were laying on the bank. Since I have been on N.C. angler and reading everything you guys post. I am catching more fish than the founder of the club right now. So he invited me. I have never fished a tournament before. YOU HAVE CREATED A MONSTER!

Oh, what am I going to do? hip:eek:

sundrop
09-12-2007, 07:56 PM
If you have an early start time I suggest noisy topwater baits, and if all you can win is biggest fish, use big bait..LOL.... Just remember when all else fails Carolina rigged worm/eel in purple and/or black on deep structure! But I am no tourney guy..so I might not catch squat!
OH ZOOOOKERRRRRR!!! You around???? he is the tourney guy....

Rookie12
09-12-2007, 08:33 PM
I'll be on Tillery fishign a cat tourney out of Cook's Landing. Tillery has some big fish in it, but right now they are hard to find. I would fish good cover near creek mouths with topwaters, jerkbaits and flukes early. This is where you'll get your big fish. When the sun gets up, I woul fish point near the creek mouths with carolina rigs, drop shots and maybe a teas rig worm. probing a point with a crankbait is a good bet also. Good luck to you! Hope I can win the cat tourney Sat. I might see you out there. I see a lot of bass boats heading up the lake and going up in the Uwharrie river this time of year, but don't know how they are fishing. good luck!

hip
09-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks for your advce, Rookie 12, and good luck on your tournament on
Saturday. :D

hip
09-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks SUNDROP I knew you would come through. I was thinking about a fly rod in the morning. With a big big fly . Going deep after daylight is good advice. I will be ok just got a little stage fright:eek:. I will wear my PFD in case I fall out ,,,LOL,,,.You have eased my mind.Thanks for time and wise words. nothing but big-ens' HIP

Topsail Angler
09-13-2007, 07:27 AM
Good luck guys! hope you both catch 'em up!

hip
09-13-2007, 08:38 PM
In my first post yesterday there was a line in there that said, I am catching more fish than the founder right now. Last night it sounded ok. Today it looks plain wrong. This is a good man. He has taught me more about fishing than my father. If this man passes tonight, and I live another 2000 years, I wont be half the fisherman he is. Sorry fellars but it needed fixing. Lesson learned what you write, can bite.

My apologies to you all. Hip