PDA

View Full Version : 9-15-07 Bass tourm on Tillery

hip
09-16-2007, 05:53 PM
My partner and I caught bass on top water in the double digits with a gay blade. My partner caught 2 on a carolina rig black worm just under 15 too small. 15 minutes until weigh-in we were fishing top water . With a gay blade I finally Caught MAMA. Bent my rod, squealed my brakes. Finally got her to the boat. She had whiskers, a7lb blue cat.I was shaking bad I knew I had the big fish money. Who would have thought those bass guys would have been prejudice.--LOL-- just kidding .The big (BASS )fish money went to a 4.8 caught on a bone colored pop-r. All our fish were too small, except MAMA. So I went down there to catch the biggest fish and that's what I did. It was just the wrong flavor. I had a real good time, a nice bunch of guys. They made feel welcome. And that's a rare feeling for a hippy. Thanks to Rookie 12 The popr early worked for all of us. And Sundrop, the carolina rig black worm worked for my partner.And he told me to thank you. I have not tried it yet, but it is next on my list . I don't think the fast BASS tournment trail is for me and HOT WIRE. The slow lazy kayak is more our speed. Thanks again for all your wisdom guys, you made the tournament fun.
Thanks Hip

Topsail Angler
09-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks for the nice report!

Rookie12
09-16-2007, 06:50 PM
I'm glad ya'll did well out there! We took third in the cat tourney, but it ws winner take all, so we didn't make no money, but a respectable finish indeed. We couldn't seem to find the big fish either, but we had fun. It sure was nice out until that wind kicked up around 11 AM. Nice day on the water though!