PDA

View Full Version : Sept. 20 - Falls / Beaverdam lakes

rangergreg281
09-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Brad (Bankandsurf) and I finally got out for a night of fishing. It was overcast and had been raining off and on for about 3 hours prior to setting out. We go and get our bait from the One Stop. Brad is using Chicken livers on a carolina rig on his cat rod and large minnows on a #8 hook on his light rod. I'm using small crappie minnows on a #2 hook.

We fished the old bridge abutment at the New Light Bridge on Falls Lake from about 8:00 pm to 9:30. Nothing.

We then moved to the Old Weaver Trail access where we had a little more luck, with "little" being the operative word. I caught a kittenfish (it was way too small to be called a catfish) and had a couple more bites. Brad had a few bumps but nothing. We fished here from about 9:45 - 11:30.

We then worked our way over to the Old Weaver Trail bridge. Again, absolutely nothing. We fished here from 11:35 - 12:40am and called it a night.

Must have been the rain that gave the fish lockjaw. Oh well, our October trip to AB/EI is right around the corner!!!

Jeffonc
09-21-2007, 11:55 AM
Nice safety demonstration - can't ever be too careful with those catfish barbs! And if the picture were longer, we might know what color [-]skirts[/-] kilts real men wear!:)

rangergreg281
09-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Nice safety demonstration - can't ever be too careful with those catfish barbs! And if the picture were longer, we might know what color [-]skirts[/-] kilts real men wear!:)

LOL. No kilt. Just black sweat pants...this time. And it's only a skirt if your wearing undies!

lefty
09-21-2007, 12:12 PM
kayakingglenn and I paddled the Rollingview area from about 4 until shortly after 6 yesterday. We paddled thru the rain that Greg waited out, so we got a preview of the lockjaw'd fish. Got to watch several of them try to swim into the vertical water, though -- there were some awful good-sized slashes -- but neither of us could meet so much as Greg's kitten...

Seems to be a whale of a lot of variety in the water over there -- deep, shallow, flats, points, stumps, riprap, blowdowns... windward or leeward... just about the only other thing to ask for would be fish...

lefty
09-21-2007, 12:13 PM
LOL. No kilt. Just black sweat pants...this time. And it's only a skirt if your wearing undies!

A friend of mine was fond of explaing "Nothing's worn under a kilt. It's all good as new."

sundrop
09-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Indeed Kilts are worn Commando! And if you ever got used to wearing them you'll want to wear nothing else! UTILIKILTS : American Made Utility Kilts for Everyday Wear (http://www.utilikilts.com/)

rangergreg281
09-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Indeed Kilts are worn Commando! And if you ever got used to wearing them you'll want to wear nothing else! UTILIKILTS : American Made Utility Kilts for Everyday Wear (http://www.utilikilts.com/)

My first kilt was a Utilikilt. After I bought that one at the Highland Games, I decided to order my clan kilt. I love them both!