PDA

View Full Version : Falls Lake 11/05

shemstreet
11-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Decided to take a different approach today and tried trolling for stripers. Mainly down the so called Striper Alley from the 3 mile mark to the dam. Trolled two sets of doublle bucktails, red/white heads and white twister tails or green shad bodies.

What can I say, marked tons of fish on the sounder, mainly around 10-20' deep, not too many in water over 27' or so. Did not get one hit cruising the south shore, and wind was a little much at the dam so only trolled back up a little way.

Abandoned trolling and threw some lures at a few points and trees, lost the lures to the trees, not a hit. Finally went back and ducked under the 98 bridge to the flat we had had a little luck on last week. Caught one crappie on a silver blade type bait, not another hit all day.

Pretty day on the water though.

One of these days we'll figure out this lake fishing stuff.

Berger
11-11-2005, 01:15 PM
Keep posting I need all the info I can get, Looks like I'll be getting to Raleigh in Feb. What is the deal with the 2 month waiting period for a licence. I'll be living with my Daughter till the house is finished. Is that considered residence. Hope to see you on the lake someday

shemstreet
11-12-2005, 07:36 AM
Thanks, with luck I will have another report tomorrow, looks like I will shoot for crappie.

As for the waiting period, it is in the regs, but I don't know how they enforce it or interpret it. They did ask for my NC Driver's License when I got my fishing license, so maybe that is all it really takes.

Nice little sports store in Wake Forest, called Roscos. Over half devoted to hunting, but some decent fishing supplies and live bait. Not a BPS, but ok and friendly people. Not the best hours for the bait shop part though, don't think they open until 8:00.

Berger
11-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the info. It's always good to have a local bait shop to hang around when you can't fish. Sort of like the local bar.