View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. winter trout down east

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrab View Post
    Spent new year's eve on the beach at the jetty and picked up the sow in the pics. I've thinking of expanding into some of the back waters in the sound with my jon boat, especially during the winter. From looking at the charts it looks like there is some deeper creeks, channels, sloughs, troughs, etc in the confluence the north river/middle marsh area, although it would definitely take some trial and error. Am I
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	005.jpg‎ 
Views:	1714 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	47834   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	011.jpg‎ 
Views:	136 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	47835  
  2. new years eve on the tuck

Quote Originally Posted by slickrocktom View Post
    I jetted out of the doc's office this a.m. and mad it to the tuck before 11:00, just as the sun was hitting the water. I slung a sex dungeon for a little while and could of sworn I heard laughter. I switched to the standard black pat's rubber leg with a pheasant tail dropper and started catching fish. There was a midge hatch going on all day, sometimes so thick you could suck several in with each breath (yum)
    Categories
    Fly Fishing

Name:	20121231_23.jpg‎ 
Views:	62 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	47814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121231_24.jpg‎ 
Views:	65 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	47815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121231_25.jpg‎ 
Views:	62 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	47816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121231_28.jpg‎ 
Views:	59 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	47817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20121231_26.jpg‎ 
Views:	931 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	47818  
  3. Winter Trolling on MIL

Quote Originally Posted by Stew-Rat View Post
    Went to neck rd launch this am to meet Tacobo and Fanopoe. Bit chilly at 6:30! Saw a good amount of bait fairly soon and caught 2 near the channel on a Bomber fat free fry on the channel edge. Bait runs about 17 ft but caught both fish in about 10ft digging the bottom. Kept seeing way more on the finder than I was catching and alot were deep, hugging bottom in 20-30 ft so I put on a Strike King XD. Caught a good
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. New Personal Best Trout-----BEWARE GRAPHIC IMAGES

Quote Originally Posted by seapropie View Post
    My wife, who is a school teacher wanted to do a little fishing during Christmas break. We got to the area I wanted to target about 11 am and started throwing mr17's towards the bank. After an hour or so we got a 17.5" trout in the boat and thought maybe the bite was about to turn on. Water temps were just starting to reach 50 degrees. After about another 30 minutes something big nailed by lure.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. Fishing with a legend

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdawg View Post
    So I had the incredible opportunity and priviledge to fish with one of my favorite professional anglers, Shaw Grigsby, the other day. He decided to take time out of his schedule to get me out on the water to do some bass fishing. The morning started out great with some breakfast at the cracker barrel and soon we were off. Mr. Grigsby, his son Shaw jr., and myself headed to a private lake and hopped out on the boat
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	IMG_0196.jpg‎ 
Views:	693 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	47734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0195.jpg‎ 
Views:	105 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	47735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0199.jpg‎ 
Views:	104 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	47736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0201.jpg‎ 
Views:	103 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	47737