View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 2-25-12 Fontana Blows Up!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
    2-25-12 Fontana Blows up! Canceled a trip this AM and decided to cruise around and just look, calling for 30 mph, and that makes for tough fishing. Well they missed it, I think it went a sustained 40 for several intervals. Stayed true to my plan til about three and couldn't stand it any more. Didn't have a fish and hadn't really tried, just trolled a couple of lines while checking out the LT. Never really found
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. 2-25-12 Fontana Blows Up!

Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
    2-25-12 Fontana Blows up! Canceled a trip this AM and decided to cruise around and just look, calling for 30 mph, and that makes for tough fishing. Well they missed it, I think it went a sustained 40 for several intervals. Stayed true to my plan til about three and couldn't stand it any more. Didn't have a fish and hadn't really tried, just trolled a couple of lines while checking out the LT. Never really found
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-25-12 Fontana LM.jpg‎ 
Views:	57 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	37551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-25-12 Fontana speckle belly.jpg‎ 
Views:	57 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	37552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-25-12 Fontana spot.jpg‎ 
Views:	55 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	37553   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2-25-12 Fontana.jpg‎ 
Views:	2845 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	37554  
  3. Belews Produces Again

Quote Originally Posted by bwguffey View Post
    So I've been dying to give my new weightless plastics outfit a good workover and at 70+ outside, I just couldn't have lived with myself had I worked this afternoon. The packed lots at Piney Bluff and Pine Hall said I was certainly not alone in my thinking

Put in around 1300 at Pine Hall... Water temp was a nice 58-60, south wind was pretty steady around 10mph so I headed to a south bank with
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0001.jpg‎ 
Views:	78 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	37526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-0003.jpg‎ 
Views:	77 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	37527  
  4. Blewit Falls Catfishing

Quote Originally Posted by zachg View Post
    Took off with Zach and Mike this morning and were on the lake looking for bait at 7am. Went to where we marked them good a couple weeks ago and nothing. Water temps were 49.5 when we got on this morning and got up to just over 50. Moved around for a bit trying several different "marks" and then finally got a net full. Unfortunately they were small catfish. We both thought we were hung up in a tree, but it was just full of these little
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. 02-19-12 LKN Spots, Stripes, Blues & Slabs

Quote Originally Posted by TacoBo View Post
    Well, I took everything Mother Nature could throw at me this morning against my wife's and Stu's advice. It was 52 degrees and overcast when I launched, and by 11:00AM it was 41 degrees and blowing rain sideways across the channel. Not optimal fishing weather, but when you get a free day to fish, you fish. I managed a few spots just after launching and quickly landed a healthy striper soon after. Following that sleigh
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing