View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Wilson Creek 3-10-13

Quote Originally Posted by dbeam View Post
    I met up with Bruce at Wilson Creek this morning, there are still fish in the creek but the cold water had them moving and feeding slow, we did come up with a few from right off of the bottom. All in all a great day although the leaky waders had Bruce chilled when we quit for the day.

Darrell
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0726.jpg‎ 
Views:	96 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	48728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0728.jpg‎ 
Views:	1618 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	48729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0731.jpg‎ 
Views:	101 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	48730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0732.jpg‎ 
Views:	118 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	48731  
  2. A good Jig Bite!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba927 View Post
    Went back to lake Friday with a good friend, and had another good day. Total, I think we ended up with ten large mouth each and a nice "little" blue cat! It was deferentially a bigger pull than I've been getting but whats weird it bit like a bass on a Jig, except it was 25'+ deep when I set the hook. To top It off had two large mouth #3+ and five more keepers so overall a good day! Pic does no Justice
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG452.jpg‎ 
Views:	89 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	48690   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG453.jpg‎ 
Views:	825 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	48691   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG449.jpg‎ 
Views:	90 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	48692  
  3. Streamers in the Rain 2/7/13

Quote Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
    Got out to do some streamer fishing for the first time. The weather didn't fully start cooperating until later in the day. Stretched my casting skills to the max and managed four nice 'bows, the largest around 22" or so. Got a hard follow from a massive brown in the 28-30" range, but he pulled up at the last instant when he saw me. Had another fish that felt larger than the ones I landed pull off after slipping into
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Fly Fishing
  4. tuesday 2-5-13 crappie

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Had the day off so me and Zach and Mike Taylor hit the lake for some crappie. Fished from 7-10 am and caught 115 and brought 16 nice fish home for supper. Water temp was about 45 and fish caught over 22-30' of water. Very windy. Usually wait and fry a bunch in the deep fryer with several friends at the house, but decided to cook em like mama used to in the pan. Been craving some fresh fish for a couple weeks and this hit the spot!
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. 2/5/13: Troutin' in the Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
    Got out on a bright and lovely winter day, and fished the main stem of the French Broad near Rosman. Picked up a borderline obese buck brown in the 18-20" range on a gold Rapala floater. He puked up a bunch of what looked like larval salamanders—presumably washed from their rock crevices by the recent high water—then flopped back in before I could get a clear shot at him with my phone. I didn't get any more action
    Categories
    Fly Fishing