View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Brokenhearted Father

Quote Originally Posted by kingkiller View Post
    Graham Patrick Hoard (Aug 17, 1984 - Jan 12, 2013)

A man could not possible pick a finer son....... Graham was a fisherman. I don't mean someone who liked to fish,I mean a true "Student of the Game"! He studied fishing,dreamnt about fishing and lived it in every way...... Kayaking was a relatively new interest for Graham,but he sure seemed to have taken to it . In August his mother and I
    Categories
    Kayak Fishing
  2. More fun in the rain

Quote Originally Posted by mrpossumtail View Post
    Recent weather has blown out about 99.9% of the area trout streams but lucked out at a small tailwater flow. No sooner than I arrived rain started falling briskly. Thankfully I was dressed warm enough to endure the cold temps being soaked. I only fish this stretch in flood situations due to the lack of access and remote nature. There was about 25 cfs of discharge but noticed a significant spike in volume as a
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0116131350.jpg‎ 
Views:	1091 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	48203  
  3. A picture taker, finally!

Quote Originally Posted by finstalker View Post
    This is a week late, work and a stomach bug have kept me sidelined. Went out on the 6th for a couple of hours. Bypassed my favorite holes and headed downstream to a spot I had luck at last January. Pool had silted in by 40%. Managed 3 small ones. Worked upstream about 200 yds to some fast water. Cast to the tail of the fast chute and the bite was on! Caught over a dozen from the one spot, including a 13"-14"
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
  4. Fontana 1-13-13

Quote Originally Posted by bstark View Post
    A buddy and I fished Fontana yesterday with some luck and a mixed bag. Put in at Lemmons Branch and ran up the Tuck. Started checking some familiar main lake points and found a few here and there. Almost any point at a creek mouth held some fish, while the bigger schools we located were on the edge of or over the main lake channel. Fish were scattered (or at least what we were able to find), and would show up,
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	4.5 lb, KVD 6XD Sexy Shad.jpg‎ 
Views:	990 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	48179  
  5. Fishing after the Expo

Quote Originally Posted by Pond Hopper View Post
    After the fishing expo we had about two hours of daylight left, so we decided to hit the neighborhood pond. It was a good decision. My son landed a solid 9 to 9.5 pound bass and five minutes later I was lucky enough to get an 8 pounder for myself. It was one of those trips the two of us will remember for the rest of our lives.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	Big Fish.jpg‎ 
Views:	1131 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	48142   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0690.jpg‎ 
Views:	106 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	48143