View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Shad trip turns into bottom fishing trip

Quote Originally Posted by Mack in N.C. View Post
    Took a friend of mine to a down east river yesterday as he has been wanting me to take him there for over a year so finally we make it work out. Our goal and his wish was to fish for shad. We hit several good spots for shad and nothing. Not 1 hit. After speaking with several other anglers we decided the fish we either gone back down or upstream out of our reach. What would we fish for now? I didn't bring any crickets
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Blewitt Falls 4-11-13

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    Had the day off today since I work this weekend so took Zach and the girls down to Blewitt Falls with Mike for some catfishing. Caught pretty good bait pretty quickly and was on the lake and fishing by about 8:30am. Hit a few holes before we finally caught a fish. For the second day in a row, Maggie Mae caught the first one. Moved to a bunch of different holes and just could not find any pattern that consistently put fish in the boat. Ended
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  3. Lake James 4-7-13

Quote Originally Posted by bstark View Post
    Fished Lake James yesterday and had some luck. Biggest fish of the day went almost 6 pounds on the boga grip, little over 21 inches and fat as could be. Caught on a pearl fluke on an 1/8 ounce jighead worked underneath large schools of dying shad. Find the birds and the bait is there. Water temp hit 55 before we left around 2:00, so it won't be long before they really push up. April's my favorite month to target
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	James 4-8-13.jpg‎ 
Views:	2420 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	50325  
  4. White Bass 3-30, 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by driver View Post
    Fished Saturday from 9 to 3 didn't catch large numbers but the ones we did catch were massive.
    Fished this afternoon til dark. Caught quite a few but all were small. Fished the same areas as Saturday.
    Did see a lot of dead fish in the shallower water. Not real sure why dead ones were showing up.
    Both trips were from the boat.

Here's a couple of pics of the big ones
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. Red and Trout Fishing with the Wife on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by georgep View Post
    Took the wife out for a few hours on saturday to enjoy watching her put some nice drum in the boat on light tackle, wound up catching about 20+, most were in the 16 to 17" range, did have a couple that went out to 18 1/2". Also picked up a couple nice trout in the mix, but most of all it was a great day just being on the water with my sweetie. We watched a flock of turkeys of about a dozen or so that had
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing