View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Holden's First Trip in the Canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    I've taken my 3 yr old son bank fishing twice since he turned 3 back in April. The "bait" for this trip was for him to demonstrate limited fear of water and swimming ability with a life jacket on. He passed that test a few weeks ago at the neighbor's pool so it was time to give it a go in the canoe.

After tossing down some cinnamon rolls this morning
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. 107 flounder !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Pelt View Post
    wow ! what a day , my buddy ,CHICK, 83 YEARS YOUNG , AND I SET A RECORD WITH 107 FLOUNDER TODAY , MOST ON GULP SHRIMP AND POGY'S . THESE 2 WERE 18 AND 19 INCHES . ALSO CAUGHT A FEW TROUT AND PUPPY DRUM . A DARK CLOUD APPEARED AT 12 NOON AND WE HEADED TO THE BOAT RAMP , TOTAL FISHING TIME WAS 5 HOURS . I'M READY TO GO BACK LOL
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02059.jpg‎ 
Views:	2325 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	44241  
  3. h2ohhh escapes the heat

Quote Originally Posted by h2ohhh View Post
    Headed up into beautiful Mitchell County this past weekend to escape the heat of the lowlands and get back to my roots which is stream fishing for trout. Went with my friend Lloyd who at 73 years old is amazing. He can still scramble around boulder infested streams like a billy goat and hung with me all day long. We fished a small tributary with rapid drops (read 'tough to access) and beautiful pools near the
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  4. More New River Reds 8-20-12

Quote Originally Posted by seapropie View Post
    Went out late this afternoon to see if the school I found on Saturday was still around. Got a keeper on the first cast. Caught 7 underslots before I got another keeper. Also lost two keepers. One keeper was on live shrimp and the other on a peanut pogey. Both under popping corks. My 20 month old is getting better at hanging out while Daddy gets to fish.

Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. Chasing The Old Drum

Quote Originally Posted by Linesider2 View Post
    I finally made it out this weekend to look for the old drum and was able to get two during the weekend. Me and a buddy went out early in the morning Saturday and Sunday. We only landed one each morning and I was lucky enough to land both. I'm sure he'll catch them all next time! These two are only the second and third I've caught. I've been looking forward to this time since I caught my first big-un two years
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Day 1 fish.jpg‎ 
Views:	47 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	44147   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	day 2 fish.jpg‎ 
Views:	51 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	44148