View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 12/18/12 East Fork French Broad

Quote Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
    Decided to use my day off to check back in on the East Fork DH water. The river was running dingy clear (just the way I like it) after some much needed rain, and the fishing was running surface-of-the-sun hot. By the end of the day, I may have been pushing 300 fish, and, at one point, I caught fish on 26 consecutive casts. Most were 10-12" brookies, but I did catch 8 or 10 brookies in 14-16" range and
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
  2. Chesapeake Bay Fishing 2012

Quote Originally Posted by striperjunkie View Post
    well finally planned a trip up to the bay. We started out about mid year and had everyone lined up and one guy couldn't make it so had to start calling around and called up with Joel Elliott(Spider Crack) and he was good to go. So the guy i usually go with well started out having an issue with his fish finder. So couple weeks ago he had to order a new Simrad
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Who needs smallies anyway...Jordan 12/16

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    Thursday I set out for Claytor Lake in Virginia in search of my first smallmouth bass. Claytor is a clear mountain lake. I fish hard until dark Thursday and ended up with 3 largemouth and a spot throwing cranks and a shakyhead. Baitfish are virtually nonexistant on this lake tough day on a tough lake. That night I was looking at Facebook on my phone and a buddy recommended Philpott Lake for smallies,
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  4. Lake Wylie Monster!

Quote Originally Posted by frogfish View Post
    I have always been fascinated by buffalo. Seeing all these pictures of these giant, awesome-looking fish on a carp fishing forum that are supposedly harder to catch than commons made me insanely jealous. So with the fall season winding down, I decided to finally stop sitting around and put together a buff trip. After all, one of the best buffalo lakes in the nation, Lake Wylie, is only 1.5 hours away
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. Tillery cats 12-7-12

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    With the forcast being 59 and partly sunny (LOL WRONG) Zach, Mike and I took off to Tillery to chase some cats. Chris had helped me with a map of tillery a few weeks ago to know what the names of some of the lakes areas are . . . Thanks! We had Emily in tow today as well. Got on the lake at daylight and had a horrible time catching bait. As we are still learning the lake, we looked for bait from the 24/27 boat ramp all the way up to the dam.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing