View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Bedding Bass?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Went out to good ol Wal Mart today and picked up a couple of new Chatterbaits..another chartreuse with a gold blade since my other one is already hammered..and a black and blue Chatterbait..I've used these lures in the past and to be honest after a few fish and a few snags those lures are about ready to retire..thanks to a tip on nc angler I went out and bought 1 new Chatterbait last week and nailed 3 pigs on it throughout
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7pounder.jpg‎ 
Views:	81 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	49718  
  2. Fished Ramseur for the 1st Time 3/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Love View Post
    The forecast looked bleak for 3/21/2013, High winds and low temperatures. Nothing was gonna keep me off the water on this day because I had a chance to fish with my buddy Mike aka RiverRat. I learn a lot fishing with this guy, Mike is an incredible angler. Mike wanted to fish at Ramseur, Which was my 1st time at this facility.

We met up at the marina around 8 AM and was greeted with bone chilling winds
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	IMG_0599.jpg‎ 
Views:	69 
Size:	115.3 KB 
ID:	49666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0599.jpg‎ 
Views:	69 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	49667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0603.jpg‎ 
Views:	65 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	49668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0602.jpg‎ 
Views:	66 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	49672   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg‎ 
Views:	932 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	49675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0608.jpg‎ 
Views:	61 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	49676  
  3. Salem Lake 3/16/13

Quote Originally Posted by apphunter View Post
    I hit up Salem Lake today. The fishing was slow. I don't have a depth finder but a guy in a motor boat told me the temps were varying anywhere from 49-53 and it was stained. He said he had caught two small largemouths off a bush in 8 ft next to a channel 12ft deep. I was trolling a short billed rappala crank bait. I got one strike but it didn't even feel like a strike it felt more like i was hung up.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. Cold Windy Day 3/13/13

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    It was cold and super windy on the water yesterday. We got on 3 different schools of redfish, but none of them really wanted to eat. We spent the morning sightcasting to mid to overslot fish in gin clear water. They would make a motion towards a bait, and then "naw I'm not hungry." lol It is still awesome when you get to watch them like that no matter if they are chewing or not. Trout fished after lunch.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. A good weekend on harris

Quote Originally Posted by senkomaster View Post
    Went to harris daybreak to 3pm both days. Things are looking good! If the temps stay up the yakfish tourney should be hot. The shallows seemed to be empty and all fish were taken in 20ft of water. Apart from the insane boat ramp traffic it couldn't have been a better weekend. I can't reveal the details but it seems like the big girls are getting the point. One of the fish looks like it may have been fanning already?
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing

Name:	IMG_20130309_135701.jpg‎ 
Views:	93 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	49388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130310_092806.jpg‎ 
Views:	87 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	49389   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130310_101629.jpg‎ 
Views:	80 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	49390