NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Atlantic Beach 7/24 & 7/25

Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    Headed down to atlantic beach wednesday to fish with my brother and nephews who are down stayin at radio island for the week. Got there around 6 to check out the new and improved chasin tails location and I was thoroughly impressed. If you have a chance to swing by there, do it! The marina at the place they were staying at has a light that shines in the water so you can night fish. We started fishing around 9 or so
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atlantic-25th(6).jpg‎ 
Views:	85 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	53794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atlantic-25th.jpg‎ 
Views:	88 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	53795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atlantic-25th(2).jpg‎ 
Views:	794 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	53796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atlantic-25th(4).jpg‎ 
Views:	94 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	53797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	atlantic-25th(3).jpg‎ 
Views:	93 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	53798  
  2. Some After Work Fishing Pays Off

Quote Originally Posted by RaymondWells View Post
    Went to my favorite area of W Kerr Scott last night, just needed to get back out on the water and leave the stress behind. I started paddling toward the swimming area occasionaly throwing a Joes Flies spinner and picked up 5 brim and a small largemouth bass. After getting to the area I really wanted to fish the usual baits weren't working. The further back towards the creek I went the muddier the
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. Lake Norman - Mixed Bags of Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdlc View Post
    I have been fishing Norman now for about three weeks at about once a week. The method has been jigging spoons in 20-35 feet of water. Fishing vertical has been a new learning curve that is fun to master. Each time I have gone out I have gotten a mixed bag of fish species.

Trip one - spotted bass, white perch
    Trip two - striper, spotted bass, channel catfish, white perch
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  4. Unexpected surprise 7/24/2013

Quote Originally Posted by jprime84 View Post
    I went out to my local spot around 7pm. I paddled to the other end of the lake and threw a popper for 15 minutes or so. I got a few hits but nothing took the bait.

Then the rain started.

I was 250 yards or so from the launch, and it came on hard. Once I heard thunder and saw lightning, I made my way to the treeline to avoid getting zapped. I paddled hard back towards the launch, but stopped
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. Didn't expect this

Quote Originally Posted by H_GeeZy View Post
    So went to wet a line for a few hours after work yesterday hoping to catch a few bass and clear my head. Had been fishing for probably an hour and half with nothin. A buddy had gotten one on a wacky rigged senko before he left a little earlier so I was still holding out hope.

Was throwin a black and blue Z-Man chatterbait over and over when finally made one cast into some current and something just
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (7).jpg‎ 
Views:	138 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	53719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image (8).jpg‎ 
Views:	928 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	53720