NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Numb Fingers and a Little Bit of Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Swampin' View Post
    While waiting on my girlfriend to finish class, I couldn't help staring out the window of school at the pond out front. After an hour of this I said the heck with it and got my rod from the truck and had at it. It was cold and sprinkling ice cold rain on and off but somehow the bass were still hungry. I landed two small ones and one nice fish on a small white bomber spinnerbait. All fish were caught within a thirty
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112143729_01.jpg‎ 
Views:	95 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	56968   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112144410.jpg‎ 
Views:	732 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	56969   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1112145248.jpg‎ 
Views:	82 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	56970  
  2. God's Country Is Cape Carteret

Quote Originally Posted by Island Man View Post
    Just refelcting on how beautiful it is here and how lucky I am to be here. Sunday I went out with Wookie Dave? and caught a few blues in the blitz but didnt see the clouds of reds outside bear inlet so we came back inside to hunt around only to catch a few small trout flounder etc.

Yesterday (Monday) I vowed revenge before the cold weather sets in and looks like I just made it
    I
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. Hankerin' for some Crappie!

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    My son and I got out on a local flow today in search of dinner. I was a little concerned it would be too chilly for him, but the weather was absolutely awesome. In fact, he had to lose the sweatshirt around noon. Water temp was 53 to start and 57 when we left.

Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. Another good day on Randleman!

Quote Originally Posted by cjam93 View Post
    We were hoping that the pattern today would be similar to what it was last week and thankfully it was. We found fish in a lot of the same spots that we fished last week in 0-15ft of water. The water temp varied slightly from 56-59 degrees throughout the day.

All of our fish came from coves and points that were getting hit by a lot of wind. We caught 8 fish, only 1 dink, and broke our new scale in with weighing 12lbs worth of keepers.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. Spec's with shoulders this morning

Quote Originally Posted by TakeDown View Post
    Woke up to a cool 41 degree morning and a cold North wind. We hit one of the rivers "close" to Elizabeth City on the out going tide. Started off fishing some ledges with Z-man paddlerZ and put 2 specs in the boat, both 18". Things slowed down at mean low tide. As the water started coming back in we slow trolled Storm Wildeye Shads in the channel. Caught 3 trout with 1 being 24" and the other 2
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	specs.jpg‎ 
Views:	902 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	56881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speck.jpg‎ 
Views:	83 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	56882