View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Badin Bassin' 6/1 & 6/2

Quote Originally Posted by lewisfishing View Post
    We went camping on Badin Lake again and, as other reports have confirmed, the fishing was hot! We started out Saturday morning running around, fishing the grass with crank baits and Tube-X baits and I got a couple really nice bass fairly quick.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1931.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	52452

More bass folowed, but Kelli had to leave for a bit to get Savannah. A friend of Kelli's and her 8 y/o daughter, Madison,
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1930.jpg‎ 
Views:	1010 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	52451  
  2. Tuesday quick trip with a suprise catch

Quote Originally Posted by scottshillfisher View Post
    After getting blown out on Sunday and with the prospect of getting smacked down by the weather again later this week decided after work today to make a last minute trip and the first outing by boat this summer. My part time fishing partner-my son decided to join me and off we went. Launched the boat and the wind started to pick up and bait was impossible to find so we fell back on some frozen mullet from December.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Topsail Trip: 05/25/13 to 06/01/13

Quote Originally Posted by funketown View Post
    Took a family vacation this past week to Topsail and had a really nice time fishing.

First fished 05/26 on the surf. Went out that morning on the rising tide and landed an 11" snapper blue on a fireball rig with cut shrimp. Just a few minutes later, got a big hit on a two-hook bottom rig with cut shrimp and reeled up a Pompano right around 16". Not sure of the weight, but it was pretty
    Categories
    Surf/Pier Fishing
  4. Pics from the past few days 6/2/13 Pic Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    The flounder bite has been a little wacky for me so far this year. The fish there, but it has been tough to get on a consistent bite this week. The drum are on fire on topwater. Top Dogs, Top Dog Jrs, Top Pops will get it done as well as B-donks, etc.. Some good trout are mixed with some of the drum as well. We had a 33" red strike a Top Pup today. I also have found 30 dead and floating the past two weeks killed
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  5. Second Monster of the week...

Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    Went from never catching a flathead to shattering my record by 11lbs on my second fish in a week... My brother came over early to go bowfin and catfishing with me today. After a slow morning catching only 2 bowfin (3 and 5.5lbs respectively) a small channel cat and a turtle from 6am to 9:15, we were considering giving up and going home. Fortunately we chose to stick it out a little while longer because a few minutes
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	25lbFlatty(NC).jpg‎ 
Views:	1790 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	52211