View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Annual Neuse River Pilgramage

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hobbs View Post
    My fishing buddy, BParker, from Raeford and I did our yearly Neuse River trip from Aug 27th thru 30th.

Monday we arrived at the cottage, put our gear away, grabbed a quick bite to take with us on the river and hit it. We made a run to check out and catch bait. Bull Reds were the quarry we were after. High winds made it hard to find bait but we did gather a few finger mullet, a couple
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  2. Bull Reds Starting to Show Up

Quote Originally Posted by skooteri View Post
    Joey (Turtlestew) Bob (Toba) and I hit the Neuse this weekend looking for the bull reds. The pinfish were working our cut mullet baits over (Insert Shameless plug for Minnesott Beach Bait and Tackle here) really quickly. At times they would strip a large chunk of mullet to nothing in about a minute.

Did find this one fish. Managed to send my camera to Davy Jones' locker with all the excitement.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1712.jpg‎ 
Views:	1468 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	44389  
  3. Inshore North Topsail Beach vacation Aug 19-24

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Drifter View Post
    Finally made it to the beach last week and made it out New River inlet a few times (limited by lots of rain and choppy seas) and found some sea bass, flounder, nice spanish mackeral and a few sharks. Fished 1.5 to 2.0 oz jigs tipped with live finger mullet on near shore structure and found plenty of sea bass (generally small ones) while letting live finger drift out un-weighted and picked up some very nice spanish
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing

Name:	MoreSummer2012047.jpg‎ 
Views:	119 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	44345   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MoreSummer2012041.jpg‎ 
Views:	114 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	44346   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MoreSummer2012040.jpg‎ 
Views:	1382 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	44347  
  4. Holden's First Trip in the Canoe

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    I've taken my 3 yr old son bank fishing twice since he turned 3 back in April. The "bait" for this trip was for him to demonstrate limited fear of water and swimming ability with a life jacket on. He passed that test a few weeks ago at the neighbor's pool so it was time to give it a go in the canoe.

After tossing down some cinnamon rolls this morning
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. 107 flounder !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Pelt View Post
    wow ! what a day , my buddy ,CHICK, 83 YEARS YOUNG , AND I SET A RECORD WITH 107 FLOUNDER TODAY , MOST ON GULP SHRIMP AND POGY'S . THESE 2 WERE 18 AND 19 INCHES . ALSO CAUGHT A FEW TROUT AND PUPPY DRUM . A DARK CLOUD APPEARED AT 12 NOON AND WE HEADED TO THE BOAT RAMP , TOTAL FISHING TIME WAS 5 HOURS . I'M READY TO GO BACK LOL
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing

Name:	DSC02059.jpg‎ 
Views:	2328 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	44241