View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. 10-20-12 Fontana

Quote Originally Posted by WNCSLIM View Post
    10-20-12 Me myself and I went this afternoon, up the Tuck and ran into some really big white bass. Not a bunch of topwater, just enough to mark where they were. Spots, smallies and even a crappie mixed in with loads of bait milling around. Did a little deep jigging and picked up nice smallies. One hybrid spot/smallie was good sized, seeing more and more of them. Fish are really starting to eat good. Later, Capt. James
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-20-12 Big Fontana white.jpg‎ 
Views:	938 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	46030   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-20-12 Nice hybrid.jpg‎ 
Views:	84 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	46031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10-20-12 Last drop smallie.jpg‎ 
Views:	77 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	46032  
  2. Slow Morning on the South Mills (With a Little Payoff at the End)

Quote Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
    For the last couple of weeks, I've been fishing almost exclusively on delayed harvest waters (North Mills, Little River and the East Fork of the French Broad). While I admit that I've come to enjoy catching fish in genuinely huge numbers, on some level, it still just doesn't seem all that sporting. Today, I decided I needed a little change of pace, so I headed over to the South Mills hoping to get in on a little
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	BigBrown.jpg‎ 
Views:	780 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	46009  
  3. Good Trout and Flounder Bite Today 10/18/12

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    Ran a half day today, fished just a little longer. Caught some nice fish and some small ones also. All fish come on Storm Shrimp and other soft plastics. Topsail area. Been a strong trout bite going in the Topsail/Figure 8 area since July on and off.

Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  4. Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Here we go again..My son and I went down to Wal-mart yesterday evening and picked up a couple of new lures..I bought a Spook Jr and my son got himself an X-caliber squarebill crankbait..So we went down to the pond to test them out today.Well I didnt do to well on the Spook so I tied on my Koppers golden shiner and I nailed about 3 dinks including this Bluegill that went to the extreme to get my lure..haha..I'll get
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing

Name:	IMAG0165.jpg‎ 
Views:	1218 
Size:	48.9 KB 
ID:	45976  
  5. Oak Island Classic Report

Quote Originally Posted by KMbassfisherman View Post
    Well I was worried the morning of the tournament as I hadnt caught a slam the whole time I prefished. I had caught all species just couldnt put a slam together. Thankfully it happened on the right day. Paddled straight to my trout hole and landed a trout at 7:15.

It was small but it was a trout. Fished
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing

Name:	IMG_20121011_152113.jpg‎ 
Views:	1701 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	45905