View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Lake Reece

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat1 View Post
    Fished Lake Reece today. Thought it was going to be raining this morning but it didn't work out that way. Fishing was tough to start with but the first two bites on a spinnerbait were a pair of 4 pounders. tried several spots and caught some 2 pounders and just about 12:00 caught the 5.7 pounder on a green pumpkin worm. Good way to end the day. Best 5 went 18.0 pounds.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0811121237.jpg‎ 
Views:	1015 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	43788  
  2. Oak Hollow 8-9-12

Quote Originally Posted by michaelg View Post
    First time I've gotten out in a while with the heat of the summer and reports of bad fishing. My mother in law brought my niece with her for a couple days so we took her over to OHL to some jugging and catfishing. Skies were cloudy, water was really good looking and 86.7 F when we put on, and the wind was blowing pretty good as well. Caught plenty of shad on the "bubbles" for bait, but they were all small and we had to go back into
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  3. Recent pics and report 8/9/12 Trout/drum/flatties (Pic Heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by Bread Man 1 View Post
    The gigging has been up and down, and the weather has not made it easy either. Some 4 hours trips have only yielded 4-5 fish, some 12-14 fish. The fishing has been good. Have been catching fish on Gulp, Prototype Slim Shads, and topwaters. Fishing the soft plastics on 1/8 and 1/4 ounce heads.

Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  4. Bass report, 8/4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    Bass have gotten wise to my deep crank, so tried a new spot on Saturday. Fished hard all day -- lots of small fish, but no real size. Most caught on drop shot, few on cranks. But finally dialed 'em in at 4pm. Found a new point near an old road bed with lots of rocks on the edge of drop-off within reach of my cranks. Caught one 6lbs 6oz at 4:12pm, then 8.0lbs at 4:22pm. Lost a fish bigger than both of them in between
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. New Bern Striper 8/5/12

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddWater View Post
    Went to New Bern looking for a fight yesterday, found one. First time was about a year ago, same place, and I'm betting the same fish, but he won spitting a super spook at me at boat side after having the whole thing inside his mouth, all nine hooks. This time Smokey Joe put him in the boat for pics. Nice rock, 32.5" long, and back in for another fight next year. The score now is one each.
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Bern.jpg‎ 
Views:	949 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	43675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120805_164803 (2).jpg‎ 
Views:	68 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	43676