NCangler.com - Blog Entries - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Seafood grocery shopping

Quote Originally Posted by ice cream man View Post
    Had the good fortune to fish with Capt. John Mallette.
    He can really get it done, while making it look easy.
    We had a large Tiger Shark that followed us shutting down the bite at times.
    So we played with some AJ's, caught more than we kept.
    Gags, AJ's, a few BSB & a Cobia caught by Lil John H., seems like every trip he catches one.

Will be eating fresh seafood for a
    Categories
    Offshore Fishing
  2. Afternoon Float

Quote Originally Posted by ewetzel View Post
    I had a chance to get out on a small river about 35 minutes from home. I was paddling upstream by 11:30 and got out around 2:00. It was an overcast day with a few showers while I was on the water.

It was one of those days I wish I'd had a cooler with ice with me. I got into a mess of crappie and bream on Cream Lit'l Fishees.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crappie1.jpg 
Views:	798 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	56509 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crappie2.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	56510
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. Big Helton Delayed Harvest 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    I was in West Jefferson overnight and decided to wake up early and fish the Big Helton Creek near the VA line. Got to the water around 8ish and began casting left and right. Not much luck for the first little bit and no bites in the first spot. Moved up stream to another hole and found two small rainbow's in the fast water. Tied some new gear on and moved up into a big hole near a bridge (the one they must have dumped
    Categories
    Fly Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01612.jpg‎ 
Views:	73 
Size:	201.2 KB 
ID:	56494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01615.jpg‎ 
Views:	565 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	56495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01619.jpg‎ 
Views:	78 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	56496  
  4. Randleman Res 10-20-13

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    When the wife says "If you get up with the baby, and let me sleep till 930, I'm fine with you going fishing till they close," the answer is, "Okay." So I had a last minute window pop up to fish. I wanted something close to home, and after a carberateur foul-up repair in Florida, I wanted to run the engine on the Sea Pro to make sure my treated non-ethanol fuel got run in there well. Some lessons
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. How big

Quote Originally Posted by tmudgett View Post
    So a buddy of mine pulled this hog out of a local pond today. He didn't have a scale or anything to measure it with. Let her go to swim another day. Any guesses on her size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing