View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. HARRIS TROLLFEST 2012 v 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by senkomaster View Post
    With all the success from trolling last winter I was super excited to get started this year again out in the open water. May be a little early as the fish weren't quite as cooperative for me as they were for toba and turtlestew, who managed to catch every fish in the lake besides a pickerel. None the less went home un-skunky with a nice 19.5 hung up on my old stand by DD22 in money color. Great weather though (wish
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  2. November Trout

Quote Originally Posted by turtlestew View Post
    Toba and I made a few trips to the coast this month and got on the trout pretty good in the Bayboro/Oriental area. We landed tons of trout 16-19" and most days were 20 plus fish. Have had several nice trout dinners recently and still have a good pile in the freezer. My best day I had 6 trout over 20". Pics of those 6 below. We caught all of the fish on MR17 and MR27 mirrolures and Gulp jerk shad and
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  3. Great Fishing Trip with Brother In Law

Quote Originally Posted by georgep View Post
    After having a great Thanksgiving Day on thursday I had set up a fishing trip to take my brother in law down to fish in some of my favorite honey holes and we both had a great time not only fishing but just hanging out. We fished friday, saturday, and sunday morning and limited out all three days and also enjoyed doing some catch and release on some really nice trout. We had some chilli mornings but once the sun got
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trout Pics 11-25-12 008.jpg‎ 
Views:	1336 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	47096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trout Pics 11-25-12 011.jpg‎ 
Views:	77 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	47097  
  4. Last Few DH trips

Quote Originally Posted by hookedontrout View Post
    I have been fortunate to hit some DH streams lately. The stockers provide some fun after being beat up by the bluelines, but they do get pretty picky after a few weeks. I am not getting quantity but the last two trips have produced two of the biggest trout I have ever caught. The key for me has been mixing it up and throwing lots of nymphs at them.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. Wilson Creek 11/23/12

Quote Originally Posted by wingsdlc View Post
    Had a nice morning on the water. Was on the water by about 7:30 and off the water by shortly after 10 just before things got too crazy for my liking around there.

Hooked into more chunk male brookies than ever before. They have to be brood stockers. Most of them has some fresh wounds. Also caught a nice brown towards the end of my adventure. Probably my best Wilson Creek brown.
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing