View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. White Bass 3-30, 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by driver View Post
    Fished Saturday from 9 to 3 didn't catch large numbers but the ones we did catch were massive.
    Fished this afternoon til dark. Caught quite a few but all were small. Fished the same areas as Saturday.
    Did see a lot of dead fish in the shallower water. Not real sure why dead ones were showing up.
    Both trips were from the boat.

Here's a couple of pics of the big ones
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Red and Trout Fishing with the Wife on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by georgep View Post
    Took the wife out for a few hours on saturday to enjoy watching her put some nice drum in the boat on light tackle, wound up catching about 20+, most were in the 16 to 17" range, did have a couple that went out to 18 1/2". Also picked up a couple nice trout in the mix, but most of all it was a great day just being on the water with my sweetie. We watched a flock of turkeys of about a dozen or so that had
    Inshore Fishing
  3. Fooling the fish on April Fools Day 4/1/13

Quote Originally Posted by wademaster View Post
    Long fishing day. Got on the water just after light and fished til almost dark. Ended up with 14 fish.

11 bass, 3 crappie

This was one of the best quality days fishing that I've had yet. I used 3 different Rapala cranks to catch all 14 fish. One bass was around 6lbs give or take, several 3-4lbs, and quite a few 2lb fish. The crappie were even nice
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  4. Kerr Lake - 3-29 & 3-30

Quote Originally Posted by turtlestewsbro View Post
    So Toba and myself hit Kerr Lake Friday morning, as we both had the day off. We took kayaks. It was cold and a bit windy, and with it being Good Friday, the lake was busy as well. We set off in a creek on the North side of the lake and quickly found fish...We caught a few short stripers on artificials, (sassy shads and stickbaits), then switched to large bass minnows on vertical carolina rigs, with 1
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. my buckhorne "hog"

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Pelt View Post
    after fishin friday and not havin a bite all day , decided i'd try them again saturday . about 1030 this beautiful hog decided she would "make my day " . took me over 50 years of fishin to finally catch a 10 lb. bass . yes she was returned to the water so she can have a bunch of beautiful babies !!! don't know who was more excited , me or her when she hit the water !!!
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00353.jpg‎ 
Views:	1299 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	49967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00352.jpg‎ 
Views:	125 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	49968