View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Bass report from 7/28/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Crack View Post
    some quick notes: got my deep crank in the water before 8am. bouncing it slowly over rocks, and scored a 7lb 7oz bass at 7:50am. Then caught a 4.7lber at 7:58. So thought it was gonna be a tremendous day, but once sun burned off the cloud cover, the crankbait bite died almost completely. I'm slow, so it took a few more hours before i gave up on the crank and switched to a drop-shot rig, and started to catch fish
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG4385.JPG‎ 
Views:	58 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	43542  
  2. nice cat!

Quote Originally Posted by riverpirate View Post
    Went out today with some livers, and it looks like I made a good choice. Missed a few more....
    Categories
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat.jpg‎ 
Views:	1553 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	43422  
  3. New River Reds

Quote Originally Posted by seapropie View Post
    Waited till about 6 pm for the heat to die down, then hit the river to search for some reds. Within 2 hrs we had caught 14 including 4 keeper size. They were hitting live shrimp and peanut pogeys under a popping cork. We caught all fish while anchored up in the same spot. A commercial netter anchored up about 50 yards away and just sat there for half an hour. He finally pulled his anchor and
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing
  4. Skirting storms.

Quote Originally Posted by theramrod View Post
    Yesterday I launched around 4 with some threatening weather skirting by. I really wanted to venture to a spot I had in mind for flounder, but with being on the edge of a storm, I decided to hang not far from the boat ramp. So I went over to a sandbar that seamed like it should hold flounder, especially on the outgoing tide. hour later I had caught 3 flounder (13", 16" & 18"). The only flounder
    Categories
    Inshore Fishing , ‎ Kayak Fishing
  5. Small Piedmont Flow Produces

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Whisperer View Post
    With all the rain, most of the local spots are a little high and muddy. I found one small flow that was just right and got into some crappie. Caught all the crappie before 9 am with a yellow curly tail (Cabelas 4" action tail grub) on a Luck "E" Strike 1/4 oz jig head. Lots of fun on my ultralight. I think the big one today is my biggest ever.

Caught
    Categories