NCangler.com - Recent Post Awards - Post Awards
View RSS Feed

Recent Post Awards

1. Roanoke River 3/17/17

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMASTER View Post
    Yesterday Bryan Welch and I headed out to the Roanoke River for for a day of shad and whatever else would bite fishing trip. We launched at Scotland Neck and headed up river until we found a hot spot which took us about a couple of hours to find. Once we found the hot spot we both caught our limits. After catching our limits we caught and released more than two more limits of fish. So over all we
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  2. Oak Hollow Striper

Quote Originally Posted by YakDaddy View Post
    The junior angler and I went out to Oak Hollow to dust off the boat and see what needed fixing after the winter. We were only on the water for an hour or so in the afternoon. Dropped a few lures in the water on some planer floats I've been wanting to try. My little buddy pulled up a decent striper on a Live Target lure that he bought himself with some birthday money (he was super excited). Just over 6#. He says
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OakHollow Striper.jpg‎ 
Views:	1936 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	133330  
  3. This outta be illegal...

Quote Originally Posted by NCStateFisher View Post
    Work has been wide open and I've fished less the first couple months of the year than I can remember. I finally bit the bullet and decided I was going to go hit one of my spring spots for big hybrid as they run up the savannah river since it's been so warm. I only had about an hour of daylight left by the time I got done working and headed down bucktails in hand.

Turns out it was a positive life choice!
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-8 hybrid2.jpg‎ 
Views:	37 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	133170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-8 hybrid3.jpg‎ 
Views:	42 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	133178   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-8 hybrid.jpg‎ 
Views:	635 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	133186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3-8 hybrid4.jpg‎ 
Views:	37 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	133194  
  4. Randleman on 3-2-17

Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    Got my Bossman Lead out with me on Randleman.

Water was 57* with 3 ft vis. All 5 of our fish were at the transition from rockbank to dirt. ~ 4-5 ft. deep.
    boy, was it windy cold. Chart/Wht Spinnerbait slow rolled did the deed. Got one good hit on a brown/org. Jig but broke off. (it was a monster) in 8ft. water.

Cant wait to get back out there....

Fish-
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
  5. Buggs Island From Our Dock 2/19/17

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMASTER View Post
    Today while I worked in the garage my better half decided she would fish from our dock. After a while I received a text saying that she had a catfish on. I made my way down to the dock to find her reeling in her first cat of the day. I helped her get it in, take it off the hook where then we took a few pics, rebaited and got the line back in the water. The first fish went in the cooler. I returned to
    Categories
    Freshwater Fishing
Page 1 of 282 1234561151101 ... LastLast