View RSS Feed

NCangler

03-25-12 Lake Wylie (Top End)

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by TacoBo View Post
Fished out of Bobby's in Mount Holly today on the top end of Lake Wylie. Made a blast to the pipeline and on to the dam about daybreak. Picked up two rogue spots busting on shad on a large flat just short of the dam. Could have picked up a third, but I was too busy fooling with the camera and the photo of the second while he was busting beside me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5040025.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	38927 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5040026.jpg 
Views:	1838 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	38928

Began power fishing and alternating between a crankbait and a spinnerbait on my way back downstream to meet up with Stu and the gang. Picked up my third burning the spinnerbait past a dock in about 10 FOW. Rounded out the day with two more dinks on a jig and double tailed grub trailer.

Name:	P5040028.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	38929 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5040029.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	38930

Oh, forgot to mention...found a huge school of what I thought were perch in about 18' to 22' of water. Kept getting nibbles, but no hooksets. I downsized hooks and went through about three different color/lure choices before I landed this guy. I thought it was just coincidence and proceeded to catch two of his identical brothers before deciding I was on a school of baby channel cats. I quickly moved on...just thought it was interesting that those juvenile cats would school up like that over the channel. Looked just like a school of crappie or perch on the sonar.

Name:	P5040027.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	40.0 KB 
ID:	38931

Anyway...hope everyone had a nice weekend. Actually felt a little less like June and a little more like March today, so that was a plus!

Bo
Categories
Kayak Fishing , ‎ Freshwater Fishing

Comments

Heading out there this afternoon. Hope to have as much luck!
    Good luck hholland.

Made the front page...whoo hoo!
    Sweet ....I was there on Sunday, caught only 1 perch ..still waiting on the perch run ..I've heard it's started but I must be missing it !! lol