NC Angler Forums banner

Etiquette

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  trigger22 
#1 ·
What is your opinion on etiquette for fishing along a shoreline? If you were to hit a creek to trout fish and there was 4 to 5 boats spread out, cruising a shoreline, would you get in the back of the line, go to the front, or jump in a spot in the middle?

#5 ·
Back of the line or better yet find a new spot. I hate a crowd but that's hard to avoid sometimes while speck fishing. Also I would like to point out that if you trolling for specks and you see a boat with the trolling motor down fishing a point, do not troll between them and the bank. I have this happen all the time and I don't know of anything that gets on my nerves more than that...... Except for the guy that feels the need to throw out his 50 lb anchor right beside me while I'm working a point. I try very hard to be respectful on the water to other anglers but sometimes respect has to be earned.. ;)

#8 ·
There is always that one guy in the creek that will cut you off or get way to close to you. If I see a guy about to cut me off I usually beat him to the punch and re position by boat with the trolling motor so he has to go around me. This might be a little aggressive but I can't stand it when people are inconsiderate because I try to stay a country mile from other boats.

#11 ·
Good advice everyone! Unless you are trying to fish lookout jetty in the fall. (I know, not really a shore line) Then you have to muscle in a spot and have that look like....say something I dare ya.

And I'm being serious. If you don't them boys will get very cranky and will literally be ready to fight. In fact it wouldn't be worth it if you couldn't go out there and catch 200 trout and drum in one day.

Sorry, I just had flash backs from the horror. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.