NC Angler Forums banner

Understated musicians

11K views 82 replies 26 participants last post by  challenger 
#1 ·
I wanted to start a thread to shed light on largely unknown musicians that deserve more recognition.....my first is John Hiatt. If you have never heard his music do yourself a favor and check it out on utube...an amazing songwriter...up there in the top tier imo. So much great music out there that doesn't get heard enough because people haven't been exposed to it. I have a special affinity for Hiatt cause his album Crossing Muddy Water helped me through the breakup with my girlfriend of 13 years. I was turned on to him when I was at my brothers girlfriends house some years ago. We would wake up early and play Hiatt or the grateful dead and a variety of others, eat a big breakfast and spend the day smallmouth fishing on the James river. Fond memories.

#71 ·
Oh I hear you and I know I'm the minority. He is an amazing talent without question. I was basically illustrating the "binding" comment I made is only one side of the music coin. What better artist to use than McCartney.
As for using numbers of copies sold etc? Spice girls "wannabe" sold 8 million. Not apples to apples but still a crying shame [emoji16]

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
If I wasn't married I'd quit fishing :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.