NC Angler Forums banner

anybody fishing in gboro wednesday or thursday?

5K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  Fireyakker 
#1 ·
Just moved to the area Saturday, wondered if anyone wants to get out in the water somewhere. I haunt been to any of the water sources around yet.

#4 ·
If I get a lot of work done today, I may do a half day tomorrow. I'd probably be loaded up and ready to leave house around 12:30. I usually go to Randleman Lake (Guilford County Southwest Park, not in Randleman) or Mackintosh and don't know much about the other area lakes. Don't hold back on my account if you find someone or just want to go early. I'll know tonight what I'll be doing tomorrow.

#5 ·
Welcome to the area. I haven't moved here yet, but I started a new job in Winston-Salem on Monday. If it works well, I'll move up here later this year.

#6 ·
Rmar , let me know. 12.30 seems a little late because I ll be headed out of Greensboro to go trout fishing in wv for the weekend but hopefully I could get a few hours in. I checked out Higgins and brandt today and wasn't too impressed. I guess part of that is that im not used to having to pay to fish. Shoot me a txt or pm tho and let me know. Cell # is 9193207365

#7 ·
I am up in NC again and staying in the Burlington area for 3-4 days and then headed over to CLT to be with my daughter and her family over Easter and part of that next week.....

I "should" be at Lake Mackintosh right now...sunny and about 82 degrees, but hope to be there tomorrow (THURS) even tho the weatherman is not very optimistic for tomorrow....DANG!!
I will post on here if the trip actually gets confirmed later tonite.....thx....JohnYaksJax

#9 ·
Lake mackintosh might be about to get hit right now with rain. Im sitting on my deck about a mile from Higgins and the storm clouds are rilling in. Let me know about tomorrow. Im down with anywhere within reason and the earlier I get started the more fishing I can get in. My #s up there. Just call or shoot me a txt.

#10 ·
Where to go and what to use.Me and JohnYaksJax(the legend from Jax.FL) are going fishing tommorrow and I was planning to to Randleman lake(Guilford).We have to work out the details and pray for good weather.I will posted later on the times and place tommorrow.Feel free to join us.

#13 ·
I am going to cut out of work early, but don't wait on me. If you guys post where you're headed, I'll hit the same lake and maybe cross paths.

I checked out Higgins and brandt today and wasn't too impressed. I guess part of that is that im not used to having to pay to fish.
Most of the lakes in the immediate area have $4-$6 launch fees. I don't mind the fees, but the open/close times can be inconvenient.

#27 ·
Rain or no rain, I am headed over to Lake Randleman to meet FireYakker and Guffey and Rmar and Josh.....running a little late, but heading over there soon!!
JohnYaksJax

PS: "legend".....in my own mind maybe!! LOL!!! And, sometimes on my own turf in JAX in S/W.....still learning this NC F/W fishing!! :confused:

#29 ·
It was slow but good. Me and fireyakker both got a bass this morning. His 18 mine only 13. Later on guffet showed up so we explored more of the lake with no luck. As we were leaving john showed ip. I had to go but he and guffey stayed. Not sure if they had any luck. Caught one crappie trolling back to the beach. Ill go back again. It was a nice lake. Lots if habitat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.