NC Angler Forums banner

8th month Preggo catches LMB of a Lifetime!

Pond 
9K views 51 replies 34 participants last post by  Echerd 
#1 ·
Well hello to all who read this. I have been on this site for a few years now, but I have never posted my own thread, just responded to a bunch of others.. Well im an avid bass fisherman, at least for the last two years. I fish 3-6x a week at local ponds, streams, lakes, whatever looks "Bassey". Well I just bought a kayak latley and have been out on that a bunch the past two weeks. My wife who is 8 months pregnant was in the mood to fish tonight so we loaded up the car and went to location X... Well Was it worth it. I landed two fish, lil guys in the first 45 min, cranking... Bite slowed up, and we both switched to soft plastics, worms and creatures.. Now it gets interesting. Wifey makes a cast, tick tick, reels down, and sets.....nada, a creature missing 3 of 4 legs... hmmm....she grabs a new 1, rigs it up (herself), casts out further this time, tick tick, BOOM! Its on!!!!! massive bass jumps, tailwalks, im flipping out... shes fighting her and yelling for me.... She ran a total of 30 yards down the bank to get this baby in... I was ankle deep in the pond, grab this beast and screamed!!!
9lbs 11oz!!!! A PR for both of us! I am so happy for her, and a lil jealous lol, but the mount (replica) will look great in the man cave. She was measured, weighed and released to fight another day, just like all of my bass. :D

Fish was 23in long, with tail pinched and mouth closed
19.5 in around!
Its all the same fish, a few of her holding it, and a few of me..

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
So you have a trophy wife and she has a trophy fish. Kidding aside, she is a pretty lady. You'll have a great story for the baby, who will no doubt grow up to be a fisherman (or woman). When I first saw the length, I was skeptical on the weight, until I saw the photo. That is one deep chested bass. Nice photos to use for a replica. Your next post might be photos of another "keeper". Bet she hopes that one is just a little (but not too much) smaller.

#14 ·
Ok guys, calm down and wipe the drool off your chin.....she's pregnant and it's a FISHing report, not a singles ad. Funny how wives, girlfriends and daughters get heavily and sometimes creepily complimented in photos on here, but I've never seen a female member drooling on her keyboard over a guys photos.....I guess that's just a manly instinct! Lol

#22 ·
I was glad to see you let it go. I hope you get her an official citation from the state (see http://216.27.39.101/Fishing/Fish_NCARP.htm), she deserves it.

Keep fishing together. Wife and I went on fishing dates when we were teens. We've been married 47 years in October and fishing together for almost 50 years. The good part is that you don't have to justify buying new fishing gear. The bad part is that you have to buy two of each. I hope you get to say the same, and best of luck with the new addition...he/she could be another 8 pounder.

#28 ·
Thx for all the comments guys! And thank you for getting it up on the homepage! She was so excited this morning. Catawba, its showing 24 on the ruler pic, but i closed its mouth for the official measure, and its 23inch.. I dont know how, lol.. Also, I would love to have gotten her a citation, but I didnt have a "certified scale" around. Just my berkly digi scale.. SO i guess that its out of the question. But at least we know it, and the 4 older guys at the pond know it..
Does anyone have a good place to get a replica made??

#31 ·
Thx for all the comments guys! And thank you for getting it up on the homepage! She was so excited this morning. Catawba, its showing 24 on the ruler pic, but i closed its mouth for the official measure, and its 23inch.. I dont know how, lol.. Also, I would love to have gotten her a citation, but I didnt have a "certified scale" around. Just my berkly digi scale.. SO i guess that its out of the question. But at least we know it, and the 4 older guys at the pond know it..
Does anyone have a good place to get a replica made??
go to the wildlife site, fill the stuff out man, you'll get a citation for her; no problem at all, put on the form how long it was and the weight, and send it off with 5bucks i think you only have to meet one of the requirements; the length or the weight, either one counts, good luck man, get that citation for her!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.