NC Angler Forums banner

Trout Fishing In Linville

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  slickrocktom 
#1 ·
I went down to the Linville Gorge today and as i was walking down the trail i saw some guys come out with quite a few trout and they were just using worms. anyone know where to fish in that gorge for trout with worms???

#3 ·
I believe that is correct. And if you're willing to get on down in there there's some BIG trout. Further in you go, the better it gets. Backpack campers can really have some beautiful trips with nobody around.

#9 ·
I use the babel tower or spences trail. just have to surf some sites and find the trail you think is best. it is a rough place, so go prepared. and yes, there are some large trout down there, but they will not be everywhere. you will probably find out it is better smallie water than a trout stream. my largest brown came from the gorge, we happen to hit a pod of about a dozen big browns one sweltering summer day, haven't had a day like that in the gorge since.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.