NC Angler Forums banner

PapaDave

5K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  gambusia 
#1 ·
All,

It is with a very heavy heart that I am making this post. David Paschal (PapaDave), a dear friend to many of us on NC Angler was involved in a car accident Monday morning and tragically died of his injuries. We are all still in a state of shock to what has transpired.

Many of us in the Red X Anglers and NC Angler community have spent many hours on the water with David enjoying great camaraderie, laughs, political discussions, and more than anything pursuing a pastime David dearly loved, fishing. It didn't matter if it was on a small stream chasing smallmouth, trout, or white bass or if it was out in the ocean pulling in mahi and cobia, David simply loved fishing.

His passing will surely leave a very big hole in many of the lives he has touched in the NC fishing community. He was a man with a very big heart that always tried to help, teach, and make you feel welcome. My sincerest condolences to Masha, Shu, Rob, and the rest of the Paschal family.

I will miss you dearly my friend.....

#4 ·
All,

His passing will surely leave a very big hole in many of the lives he has touched in the NC fishing community. He was a man with a very big heart that always tried to help, teach, and make you feel welcome. My sincerest condolences to Masha, Shu, Rob, and the rest of the Paschal family.

I will miss you dearly my friend.....
Well said Bruce, I still have not come to grips with his passing. I can only imagine the loss a grief that the family are feeling. One of my favorite memories will always be the day out on your boat playing "whack a Mole" with the Albies, and lucking up on the Old Drum double with Dave. Thanks for posting.

Darrell

#5 ·
I only met and fished with PapaDave one weekend...at the New River M&G about 4 years ago.
Dave was very helpful to this "freshwater rookie" especially chasing New River Smallies, and he made certain that I was rigged properly for them and made certain that I caught some.....

I will never forget him in the canoe with his grandson, and putting him onto some fish also.....seemed like a GREAT guy and teacher and family man too!!
Will miss him.......JohnYaksJax

#7 ·
Words can not express the loss & hurt in our hearts though as we may try to tell how we feel. I sure will miss him dearly as many others along with me. Lord I pray for his family to give the peace & comfort during this sad time. I still can't believe & don't want to accept this to be real, even though I know it is & will not change anything. Love going out to his family & to all of my Red X Family... God Bless you all..!!!

#9 ·
I was shocked to hear this, and I like to say this! Dave was a man with the heart of a friend to all, it seems to be the way of life that God takes those who are the best liked and Loved early in life! I know for me I only met this fine fishermen once and he was a real nice to me. My thoughts and Prayers goes out to the family and those who were really close and ask God to comfort their hearts! May Jesus take Dave and walk with him to the shores of the river of life in heaven. God Bless you Dave you will be missed just like Mike Catawba take early in life!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.