NC Angler Forums banner

Costa Customer Service

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  NukeMan814 
#1 ·
Anyone had dealings with Costa as far as warranty/damage issues are concerned? How are they to deal with, and what kind of costs are there in regards to repairs? The arm on my shades broke when I was putting them on a little while back and I need to send them back, but I'm not real keen on paying the $11 to send them back for them to tell me it's going to cost more to fix them.

#2 ·
No personal experience, but on another forum the results are mixed. Seems like they used to have very good customer service, but the policies are not as lenient as they used to be. So the perception to the customer is that the service is not as good, but really it is not the responsiveness or the people, but the policies that have changed.

I would call them up, explain what you have and get an estimate as to what you are up against. Sometimes an honest and polite conversation with someone will get you into a better situation than just sending them in. For what it is worth.

#4 ·
I've been wearing Costa's for a number of years. I've returned 2 pairs for damage during that time. Both times my frames were obsolete (go figure), but each time Costa was very prompt in contacting me & allowed me to pick a new frame. I was only responsible for the cost difference between my glasses & the new pair. I have been very impressed with Costa over the years & see myself remaining a loyal, satisfied customer. I'm sorry that there may have been issues for others, hopefully they'll get the chance to make it right!

Tight lines!!

#5 ·
I had a broken pair 3 or 4 years ago. I sent them in and they repaired them, I broke them so there was a charge for the parts. They also determined there was a defect in the lenses which I had no idea, they did them under warranty. Think total with shipping I was into the repair about $30-$40 and took 2 or 3 weeks total. Seemed fair to me

As far as the glasses go, I love them. When I broke them I fished the next day in a pair of cheap polarized glasses, the was no comparison as far as clarity and all that. Being able to see good is critical to the way I like to fish. Another thing that impressed me was one day I set the hook on a fish and missed, the lense took a direct hit from a 1/4oz tungsten sinker which deflected off and still went on to break 17 lb florocarbon as it flew behind me. Their contingency program in the FLW tournaments is pretty good too.

#7 ·
fwiw, wife has maui jim punchbowls and they had great, prompt, free service for shipping to and fro HI

though they better at that price point

I've got Smith Pro's Choice and love em & haven't had to test their lifetime warranty yet

#9 ·
Thanks everyone. Once we get through Christmas and I have a little extra cash on hand I might have to give it a shot. I have a pair of Oakley batwings my dad gave me (his boss has a sponsorship), that are holding me over for the time being, but I like the Costa's much better.

#10 ·
I haven't had to use my warranty in three years, so my experience may be a little outdated, but I have nothing but good to say about Costa customer service. I bought my glasses 8 years ago, and have not paid for another pair since. But I have broken my glasses through no fault of my own 5 times I think, and I have never had to pay anything more than whatever the processing fee is. My last break, I found out they discontinued my glasses so they let me pick out a new pair. They sent the new pair via USPS, and my mailman "misplaced" them. Called Costa, filed a police report at their request, and they sent me another pair of glasses. The key with them or any other customer service is to talk to a live person and your experience will almost always be better. People talk a lot about the poor customer service at Shimano, but I had the same rod break twice in a year, and both times the person I talked to was top notch. If you call them and explain what happened, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.