Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: bond lake (bond park cary nc)

Default bond lake (bond park cary nc)

ok, me and my wife have recently gotten back into fishing. catfishing specifically.

we have been going to bond lake alot as its close to us, and ive seen some people pull out some nice cats.

sunday we went, and were using nightcrawlers and i caught one cat, and a couple bream, but no one else in the group did and it was pretty slow fishing at that.

went back weds, w/ chicken livers and home made bait using livers and cereal and pancake syrup and garlic. lil bites on the homemade stuff, but the livers kept getting tagged like crazy. i only landed one, but a nice 4-5 lber that was a really good fight. our problem was getting lots of little bites but no big ones. started trying the **** livers to our hooks :P

so go back yesterday (we demand satisfaction!) starting off in the same spot and i catch a nicesized bream, which i realize has been the culprits of all our pecks yesterday (hooks were too big for panfish). walked a lil down the dam and caught quite a few (8 total) altho one of the buggers (the biggest one of course) took my stringer for a swim along w/ himself. luckily it was the first one and not our total catch.

we really started getting bites at dusk, (caught the majority in a 30 minute window)

but the park closes at 7. and soon to be earlier than that w/ daylights robbing time coming up.

we caught all those yesterday at the 2nd feeder on the dam. (from the parking lot side)

will likely search more or start a new thread, but id like to go nightfishing for cats. dont want to get in trouble for fishing at bond lake after dark, but dont know a ton of other spots.

ive heard a few mentions of macgregor lake, and i might check it out.

nice site you guys got here!

anyways thought i would throw it out there that there is some good fun fishing out there

Default Re: bond lake (bond park cary nc)

10-4.....yep bream will hit liver on the bottom...but also have caught stripers on it also....

<*)))))>{
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Welcome to the fishing hole, and thanks for the report................TC
    2006 Stratos Bass Boat 115 Yamaha

Glad you caught something besides sticks over there... I specialize in sticks, but have been known to catch leashes, tennis balls, and various other species in that lake.

From what I've seen, cheap hotdogs (99c/pack) are one of the best catfish baits for this lake, unless this late in the season it's an overfished presentation. I personally have a bit of a challenge keeping 'em on the hook... I must be piercing their brain or spine when I hook 'em.

As for nightfishing spots, the Public Fishing Areas at Jordan are open 24x7. Bells Church has a T-dock and lights, both above and below water. The other two are just clear spots of bank with room to park, but if the catfish are around, they won't be too picky about the other amenities.

Welcome to NCAngler, glad you found us!
    Lefty
    UncleSteveFishing likes this.

"God grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
    the courage not to fib about it, and the wisdom to know that
    nobody would believe me anyway."

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard and thanks for the report!
    Check out my website: TopsailAngler.com for information on fishing the Topsail area. Follow me on Facebook.
    TackleMonkey.com - the LOCAL tackle shop for the NCAngler.com online community!

heh we have in fact caught sticks. took a buddy w/ us last sunday and he caught like 6. he is an expert stick fisherman.

i have caught a very long strapping of some kind as well.

as for the cats you cant hook. watch out its not bream. i relocated and never ran into the bites i couldnt set the hook on. just big pull yer rod down a foot or two hits. (im on an ultralight setup.. which makes the fighting all the more fun)

heck i think we are gonna go back over there today, just had a blast last time. cats are fun fishing if you got the right bait. ill grab a pack of cheapo hotdogs (red ones if i can find them) & letya know what they think.

so far they are into livers over a liver ball home made thing, and shrimp. even those same things sprayed w/ wd-40 :P

heh putted around there today for a few hours. chicken livers and cheap hotdogs.. and once again livers won out (thats what they are consistently hitting day after day)

i caught a couple cats, fishin was sorta slow.. maybe a 2lber and a lber. the wife hooked on to a real nice cat but her drag was a lil too tight and her line a lil too low lb test, and it broke off right at shore. we got to see it tho and it was a real nice fish. she also caught a huge bream. prolly a lber. biggest bream ive seen in a long time. thought it was a decent cat the way it was fighting.

a family fishing down the bank from us was fishing and catching a fair amount of small stuff and keeping everything. like even little bream. i figured they were fishing for food for as much as they could get and we gave them everything we caught (we had catfish last night :P)

one of the people over there caught a really nice one.. 6-8 lb range (yes i know really nice catfish are 20+lbs, but for this little lake, it was a nice one). big guy dint really fit in their bucket, kept knocking the lid off, so the wife brought them a big rock to set on top of it.

anyways another good day on the water.

Thanks for the report, you guys had another good day............TC
    2006 Stratos Bass Boat 115 Yamaha

well man today we went back and were just killing them. didnt even keep count. threw back at least 4-5 little ones, gave away 4 to some kids that were decent sized, and caught quite a few for outselves.

i laid into 2 really nice ones (for that lake at least) 1 was the 1st one that i had caught that day, and i had thrown out right under the feeder, so close i thought i was gonna get caught in it. not only did i not get caught, but in less than a second the feeder went off, and that bad boy didnt waste any time. the only thing is that all sortsa people get hung on that feeder, and have to cut their line off. this guy got caught up in one of those lines and it was like he was tied to the post holding the feeder up. i didnt think i could get him free, but perseverence paid off and made it a good start to the day..

the wife caught a couple of real nice ones too.. prolly in the 3ish lb range. i left to go get more chicken livers, and came back and laid into a really nice one.. id say hes 8+, but i dont have any scales.

heres a couple pics of the day.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r's1st.jpeg‎   wifenfish.jpeg‎   wifestringer2.jpeg‎   redneckwife.jpeg‎  

think we are gonna go back tommorrow morning until like 3

we'll be the couple sitting on the bank in chairs fishin w/ chicken livers..

If I didn't have to work, I'd walk over and say howdy. Y'all catch 'em up!!

well you didnt miss much today lefty?

the spot that was soo ripe sun, was mostly bream today. caught 1 of them to be sure before i moved spots. 1st cast of the day i hooked into a cat, that just like sunday got caught in a tangled line off the feeder. bugger got off this time tho (altho i landed the 4+ lber sunday in the same situation, and the 2 lber got off today.. fair deal i say.)

moved down the dam and found a spot i was hooking into lbers and 2lbers regularly.

got a little excitement by snagging a cat today. its amazing how much harder they fight snagged compared to mouthhooked. thought i had a lunker on my line for sure. got him in his side. missed the strike but still got the fish.

the wife was trying pantyhose to hold the livers on, but the sneaky guys were finding a way to thieve her thru the pantyhose.

i caught like 4-5 cats and a bream. not bad for a couple hours fishing.

Hm -- I'd thought the pantyhose approach would be pretty secure... I've never tried fishing with livers, tho...

thanks for the pics!
    2014 Native Slayer Propel 13 Lizard Lick
    Wicked Catch Pro Staff

well not the best fishing weekend. saturday i actually went 3 times, altho none for very long. had some morning calls cancel and went from like 11-12:30. came back later at like 4-6ish. didnt catch a thing from 11-12:30 and caught like 3 from 4-6. the wife had plans w/ some girls from work, and my buddies couldnt get up till later, so i actually went back at like 9something pm. parked near the rec center which doesnt ever get locked. (no gates to lock)

walked my way down to the lake, started fishing a spot that had just produced that afternoon.

all of a sudden i hear a HUGE splash. like the kind you'd get if you threw a boulder in the water. it sorta scared me. a minute later, KASPLOOSH! and it happened again at another spot about 30 yards from the first one. this happened maybe a dozen times, w/ it changing spots each time. whatever it was, it had to be frikkin ginormous! like i casted out that way, but was like, if i hook into it, lets hope this lil ultralight setup can land it.

caught maybe 4-5 that evening and all were of no consequence. actually slid down the bank and into the lake at one point fishing the farthest feeder basket. ROFL!

anyways went back out sunday, me and the wife, and i tellya no one was catching anything on the entire lake. didnt see a single fish get caught and had only one real bite the entire time i was there. finally gave up.

were thinking about going to lake pine, and im glad we didnt because you have to have a special license there and i wasnt thinking it was the apex community lake.
    DANNYBOY likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast