Good experience at Dicks today

Thread: Good experience at Dicks today

Default Good experience at Dicks today

Normally I try to avoid the big chain stores if I can but today I went to Dicks in Asheville to check on something.

Didn't find it but saw they had some Rapala Scatter Rap cranks on clearance.

Well at the counter the woman checking me out was nice enough to point out I had 10 dollars in rewards with Dicks, which must be going back a good ways, because I rarely go there anymore. These reward dollars had been sitting there a long time apparently and were about to expire soon.

Make a long story short I got two cranks on clearance and Dicks got to keep 6 cents.

I would not have known that if the employee had not taken the time out to explain everything to me. Good customer service.

Too bad Dicks doesn't cater to the fishing/outdoor crowd like they used to.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The one out my way (garner, nc) just had a cabelas move in across the street and they got VERY customer oriented in a hurry. I've had a lot of similarly great customer service experiences with them and their fishing products since even before they felt threatened by the cabelas, and try to hit them up when getting by one of the smaller shops isn't an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dbeam, and gambusia like this.

Jacob
    Red X Angler

Though I have lucked into a few good deals, I usually walk out of Dicks wondering why I went in in the first place. Their merchandising is probably the worst of any retailer I know. Everytime I go, no matter which store, things are all on the wrong peg and labeled wrong leading to me having to argue at the register when things ring up the wrong price. It doesnt matter which store, it is the same no matter which one I go to.
    dbeam, and gambusia like this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Dicks is one of the few tackle places (other than fly fishing) right around Asheville.

Also Dicks owns Field and Stream and there is one of those.

But its just like Dicks with maybe a little more tackle.

Fly fishing seems to be the big business in this area.

It seems Dicks and F&S are usually empty.
    dbeam likes this.

[QUOTE=Neilslure;893177]Though I have lucked into a few good deals, I usually walk out of Dicks wondering why I went in in the first place.
    X2

of course there's an academy in hickory now. they're eating Dick's lunch.
    dbeam likes this.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

[QUOTE=woodyosb;893913]
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    Though I have lucked into a few good deals, I usually walk out of Dicks wondering why I went in in the first place.
    X2

of course there's an academy in hickory now. they're eating Dick's lunch.
    Woody is right. But Dicks has improved some in the last couple of years. Capitalism and competition is a great thing.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

Not a concern for me, the Dick's down my way doesn't carry ANY fishing stuff. Only thing we had for a good while as far as larger chains was Gander Mountain, I'm so glad Academy just opened a store down the road.
    dbeam likes this.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

Not to say too much but .. this weekend is a big clearance blow out at Dicks.. Select items through out the store are marked down from the clearance prices..might want to stop by and take a look.. I do work there (full disclosure) and picked up a few lures on my way out the door this morning.. like X raps for 4$.. 3 pack panther martins.. and more. Scatter raps are marked down more too.. I also got a mr-17 for 6$.. just tryin to share the love...
    dbeam likes this.

"You no longer see water, You only see where fish live...." J. Berman
    Red X Angler

I racked up a couple weeks ago when they had the buy 5, get 5 free on stuff already marked down. Got some nice Strike King cranks, Reaction Innovations swim baits, some KVD Caffeine soft baits.

Seems like the selection went down in Apex when Field and Stream opened and hasn't improved since it closed.
    dbeam likes this.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements