Wow,what a great forum!

Thread: Wow,what a great forum!

Default Wow,what a great forum!

This is truly amazing! I wish they had something like this on my fishing forums up here in Boston...People of faith up here are very slim but are very passionate followers of Jesus.. Im a domestic missionary/pastor working with juvenile offenders coming out of lock-up..Straightahead.org is our site..Anyways,this is not my reason on posting but I must say,it was exciting to talk about this is on fishing forum! Im coming down to Topsail beach with my wife and 4 kids next week..2/20-2/25..I was looking for a little help on what is running for fish,how to fish em,weather from beach,pier, or canal..NOt looking for specifics spots but general info to make it a great trip. Im a passionate Striped bass, kayak fisherman , fishing all over Boston Harbor and North Shore..Any help would be much appreciated..also was looking into the blue crab for kids to catch..Can i catch them in canals..? Im staying at a place where the beach in front yard and canal in back...Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Administrator
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard. Glad you've joined us!

Thanks..! any suggestions in regards to my post? Again, not looking to spot burn , just some general info to point me in right direction..

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Administrator
    Sponsor
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

There are a number of members from the Topsail/Hampstead area. There are a bunch of related threads via the search function. If you were interested in a guide in that area, I'd highly recommend Allen Jernigan (http://breadmanventures.com).
    quest4reds likes this.

Welcome to the site! I'm not a salt guy by any means, but there really is a lot on here to start searching until you do get some responses...
    Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Pretty sure you should be able to catch some crab in the canals, might even catch reds, flounder or trout, although this time of year they tend to hang near deeper water. I would second NCangler's guide idea if you really want to make a day of it. A little bit north of Topsail, in Hubert, there is a kayak guide that will get you on some fish. Check out NCPierman, I just did a trip with him and we had a great time. See my report: http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...weet+valentine. Otherwise, I'd try your luck soaking cut mullet on a two hook bottom rig in the surf. If you're lure fishing anywhere, I'd use an MR17 fished REALLY slow, then slow it down some more. Can't really help you with the pier stuff, but I'm sure you could get some ideas from the local tackle shops.
    Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

Well you still be here the 26th?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Rev 1 View Post
    This is truly amazing! I wish they had something like this on my fishing forums up here in Boston...People of faith up here are very slim but are very passionate followers of Jesus.. Im a domestic missionary/pastor working with juvenile offenders coming out of lock-up..Straightahead.org is our site..Anyways,this is not my reason on posting but I must say,it was exciting to talk about this is on fishing forum! Im coming down to Topsail beach with my wife and 4 kids next week..2/20-2/25..I was looking for a little help on what is running for fish,how to fish em,weather from beach,pier, or canal..NOt looking for specifics spots but general info to make it a great trip. Im a passionate Striped bass, kayak fisherman , fishing all over Boston Harbor and North Shore..Any help would be much appreciated..also was looking into the blue crab for kids to catch..Can i catch them in canals..? Im staying at a place where the beach in front yard and canal in back...Thank you
    I think that I. Can help you!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great stuff guys and thank you...I will not be here on the 26th unfortunately but will try some of the advice giving here...Ill report back on what I find..thanks

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements