Lost My Favorite Fishing Buddy Today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost My Favorite Fishing Buddy Today

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Condolences to the poster, prayers to the family.
    I marvel how the fishes live in the sea.
    Why, as men do a-land; the great ones eat up the little ones.
    William Shakespeare

4. Default

Praying for you now my friend. So very sorry for your loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Sgt H.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

We grew up on the farm and were fishing often. My dad not so much when I was a kid....but in last years of his life he would join us in the outer banks and he would fish with us on the jetty and catwalk at Oregon inlet, as well as some offshore trips for tuna and Mahi....very special times and great memories....I've found myself losing some memories from the past that are difficult to recall but never those with my old man. I've always loved to fish...but my sisters and brothers used to terrorize me with the mounted head of a nine pound bass that was on the wall that my dad caught and had mounted. They would chase me around the house holding that thing...I was the youngest of six kids so I was an easy target. Once someone you love is gone it's the fond memories that keep them alive. I'm so sorry for your loss striperjunkie. I wonder if anyone else here would care to share their stories about memories of their dads or moms, brothers or sisters, aunts uncles...grandparents. I've just always felt it therapeutic to speak about such things.

So sorry for your loss...find peace and comfort in the knowledge that you will be re-united with him in God's kingdom...

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12