Thread: Advice on fishing ponds/lakes when it's kind of cold in the Piedmont

Default Advice on fishing ponds/lakes when it's kind of cold in the Piedmont

I'm going after pan fish and bass

When should I fish?
    What lures/bait should I use?
    How deep should I go?
    What part of the pond should I go after?

thanks for your help

Default Re: Advice on fishing ponds/lakes when it's kind of cold in the Piedmont

tons of info here...check out the other articles, not only the winter time ...

Cold Water Bass Lures

Also check out this site

www.bassresource.com

Catch em up

<*)))))>{
    Friends, Fishing, Fellowship..RED X ANGLER

Default Re: Advice on fishing ponds/lakes when it's kind of cold in the Piedmont

thanks
    those links had some really good info

it's been frustrating lately.
    I've been shut out the last 4 times I have gone fishing.

Sorry to hear that...just try to switch things up. Sometimes what you don't think will work will actually work great

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky8921 View Post
    it's been frustrating lately.
    I've been shut out the last 4 times I have gone fishing.
    I think you need a TackleMonkey.com hat I haven't been shut out since I got mine

Well okay maybe it won't help you catch fish but you'll look good trying...LOL.
    Check out my website: TopsailAngler.com for information on fishing the Topsail area. Follow me on Facebook.
    TackleMonkey.com - the LOCAL tackle shop for the NCAngler.com online community!

I may not be fishing deep enough

Most fish should be moving into winter haunts. Deep water with access to shallow flats to feed when the water raises a few degrees. Jigs and susp cranks are great baits for ledges. Just have to fish them real slow. Also get your bait as close to any cover as you can. You have to drop it right on there heads this time of year.
    FOR HE GAVE HIS TO SAVE MAN'S SOUL _____ I WOULD GIVE MINE TO SET MAN FREE---RED X ANGLER