Understated musicians - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Understated musicians

Greensky Bluegrass, Jason Isbell, Sturgill Simpson, Deadman Winter, John Fullbright, Justin Townes Earl, Shovels & Rope, Trampled by Turtles, Turnpike Troubadours. There's a good start to stuff I listen to.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hot Tuna, Roy Buchanan, Dylan, Little Feat and one of NC's own, Link Wray from Dunn, NC.
    basswrangler, Jackson, and potterjon like this.

2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO, Carolina Blue
    Native Ultimate 14.5. CCA Member

This thread has already expanded my playlists guys. Keep it up!

Any blues fans out there?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

The Beat Daddy's / Stevie Ray Vaughan is my go to fishing music.
    basswrangler, and rmhpmi like this.

2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14
    2017 Nucanoe Frontier 10 Cyan/Storm

Gorden Lightfoot, Todd snider, old crow medicine show.
    quest4reds likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ncdead View Post
    Went to the Merle Watson festival back in 92. It was the year they filmed it and broadcasted it on PBS. We went not being familiar with bluegrass but left a fan for life. I was blown away by doc Watson, tony rice, emeylou Harris, David grisman, Alison krauss, Peter rowen, Sam bush.....it was a fantastic couple of days.
    Went to merlefest in 2015 - it did not disappoint !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jacob
    Red X Angler

It you are into early Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn type stuff, check out Emi Sunshine on YouTube and Facebook. Think she is twelve now, but have seen her stuff since she was nine, she performed at the last two Merlefest's I believe. Alison Krause's Brokedown Palace at Merlefest was classic.
    basswrangler, and EvBlue like this.

Seeing that there are so many with similar musical tastes, if you any of you are in the Oriental area, every Wednesday is open mike night at Silos and once the weather is warmer live music most every Friday night at the Red Rooster amphitheater behind Silos. Most holiday weekends have live music at the Red Rooster multiple days. The Marina also has live music and Gary's Down East too. On Oct 6th and 7th is Ol' Front Porch music festival in Oriental with a multitude of venues. My neighbor there performs and his 6 children make some, or all, of their living through music, so many evenings there is a jam session going on on their porch. So if anyone is around Oriental and wants to do some fishing and see some live music, hit me up, got a refrig full of beer and wine, some 10 - 15 yr old single malts and burgers and steaks on the grill. You are welcome to stay.
    Jackson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCTribute View Post
    Seeing that there are so many with similar musical tastes, if you any of you are in the Oriental area, every Wednesday is open mike night at Silos and once the weather is warmer live music most every Friday night at the Red Rooster amphitheater behind Silos. Most holiday weekends have live music at the Red Rooster multiple days. The Marina also has live music and Gary's Down East too. On Oct 6th and 7th is Ol' Front Porch music festival in Oriental with a multitude of venues. My neighbor there performs and his 6 children make some, or all, of their living through music, so many evenings there is a jam session going on on their porch. So if anyone is around Oriental and wants to do some fishing and see some live music, hit me up, got a refrig full of beer and wine, some 10 - 15 yr old single malts and burgers and steaks on the grill. You are welcome to stay.
    Any and all of that offer sounds awesome to me, I hope to be able to take you up on that sometime!

Jacob
    Red X Angler

Quote Originally Posted by rmhpmi View Post
    This thread has already expanded my playlists guys. Keep it up!

Any blues fans out there?
    Love the blues! Started with Stevie Ray Vaughan, and went from there. The Mighty Sam McClain "When the Hurt is Over" is just amazing! Tinsley Ellis, Albert King, Joe Bonamassa, Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton back in the day (although he's certainly not understated), even Jimi Hendrix made some sweet blues music.

Love that Bluegrass too, The SteelDrivers were my "gateway drug" so to speak.
    Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

If you like some southern rock and blues you have to check out The Markus King Band. Kid is 19 and and would make Stevie Ray proud.
    quest4reds likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCTribute View Post
    I going to try and make this happen. Someone VERY close to me has a birthday on October 6th, and I love, I mean THEY love single malts.
    basswrangler likes this.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

I like Steep Canyon Rangers, Turnpike Troubadours, Jason Isbell, and all those guys too.

If you are a fan of the blues check out RL Burnside and Junior Kimbrough. They played a genre of the blues known as "Hill Country Blues" and both hailed from northern Mississippi.
    quest4reds likes this.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

Quote Originally Posted by quest4reds View Post
    Love the blues! Started with Stevie Ray Vaughan, and went from there. The Mighty Sam McClain "When the Hurt is Over" is just amazing! Tinsley Ellis, Albert King, Joe Bonamassa, Robert Johnson, Eric Clapton back in the day (although he's certainly not understated), even Jimi Hendrix made some sweet blues music.

Love that Bluegrass too, The SteelDrivers were my "gateway drug" so to speak.
    They were also my gateway... I've since found myself OD'ing on everything Chris Stapleton musically touches haha... saw him live last summer and it was nothing short of incredible how good he sounds on stage

quest4reds likes this.

Jacob
    Red X Angler

Understated/unheard of on this side of the world - Poets of the Fall.
    First looked them up because they did a couple songs on a game called Alan Wake.
    A couple of their best songs are The Poet and the Muse and Carnival of Rust.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast