Understated musicians - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Understated musicians

Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit.
    Festus Amungus likes this.

Are fishermen all liars?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anderson East. Also Frank Turner; Brit punk rocker gone acoustic. But I prob stand alone on that one.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Red X Angler
    Captains Club
    Kayak Angler

I watched thermarods video called fishing with friends with music by Selah dubb. The song in his video is called Nya and if you haven't check his videos out you should he makes some good ones. Selah dubb plays reggae and is out of Wilmington.

2013 Hobie Pro Angler 12 & 14
    2017 Nucanoe Frontier 10 Cyan/Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson View Post
    If you like some southern rock and blues you have to check out The Markus King Band. Kid is 19 and and would make Stevie Ray proud.
    OMG! Just listened to this, holy cow!!!! That's one talented kid, great voice too! Thanks!
    Jackson likes this.

Matt ~ 15' 6" Gheenoe Classic, Olive Green
    Red X Angler

The other guy from Drive By Truckers- Patterson Hood- did a great solo album called "Heat Lightning Flashes In The Distance".

In terms of country I have to go with Dwight Yoakam(a fantastic actor btw)...if y'all have never seen his performance in "sling blade" with Billy' Bob Thornton it's a fantastic movie. Got to throw in Faron Young too in the country mix.
    basswrangler, and Spider Crack like this.

Jim Croce and Cat Stevens....Cat's music was the soundtrack to movie from the early seventies called Harold and Maude. Great movie...I guess that's subject for another time.

Saw Cat Stevens at Madison Square Gardens in 1974, 8th row center seats. Had a magic act with the show, started out with three separate people wheeling out dollies with a box on each, they stacked the boxes, the front opened and out walked Cat. He played several songs with just him sitting on a stool with an acoustic guitar, then a huge curtain went up with what must have been a twenty piece band behind it. One of the best shows I have ever been to.
    2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO, Carolina Blue
    Native Ultimate 14.5. CCA Member

Aaron Watson, from Texas. This guy finances his own records.Sold a ton of them too.
    Check him out.
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...&hsimp=yhs-004

Quote Originally Posted by NCTribute View Post
    It you are into early Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn type stuff, check out Emi Sunshine on YouTube and Facebook. Think she is twelve now, but have seen her stuff since she was nine, she performed at the last two Merlefest's I believe. Alison Krause's Brokedown Palace at Merlefest was classic.
    Oh lord....put on Conway twitty and Loretta and watch my girlfriend and her sister go...brings tears to my eyes. It's beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by NCTribute View Post
    Saw Cat Stevens at Madison Square Gardens in 1974, 8th row center seats. Had a magic act with the show, started out with three separate people wheeling out dollies with a box on each, they stacked the boxes, the front opened and out walked Cat. He played several songs with just him sitting on a stool with an acoustic guitar, then a huge curtain went up with what must have been a twenty piece band behind it. One of the best shows I have ever been to.
    Love Madison square garden...the energy is off the chain....walk out of that place after ingesting certain substances at the the dead shows and it's omg....you ain't down on the farm tonight son...taxi drivers drivers whizzing by at fifty miles an hour...sourounded by very tall buildings....very surreal.

I've been listening to a lot of Tab Benoit, Snowy White, Robert Cray, Larry Miller and Johnny Winter lately
    kevcoachk likes this.

Lots of good stuff coming out of Texas...Check out Cody Jinks...Shane Smith and the Saints are very good too....

If you were old enough in NY in the 70s you might remember Six Horse Hitch or The Good Rats
    NIGHT CREW
    Fish for em now, Sleep with em later.

18. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast