Seeking summer job as a crewman

Thread: Seeking summer job as a crewman

Post Seeking summer job as a crewman

My name is Ben, and I have been reading this Forum for a wile now, but this is my first post!

I am looking for a summer job working on a charter or commercial fishing boat in the MHC/AB/EI/Swansboro area.

I am a high school Junior and will turn 18 this summer. I have been around boats my entire life, and I can hold my own as a crewman aboard any vessel. I have my North Carolina Boater Education Certificate and am experienced and comfortable driving boats. I am a very strong swimmer, and an Eagle Scout. Although I have never worked on a charter or commercial fishing boat, I am experienced fishing for many of our nearshore, inshore, and some offshore species. I am not afraid of hard work.

I have always loved fishing and would really like to work on a boat this summer where I can contribute and continue to learn. If you are in need of a crewman, know anyone who is, or if you have any suggestions for me in my search, please reply on this thread or PM me.

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good luck to you finding a boat. My roommates in college fished the blue water out of VA Beach in summers and a couple others worked the piers on the Outer Banks. Sure beat pumping gas, driving a wrecker truck and changing oil like I did. Grabbing ahold of a leader with a blue marlin attached would be something I'd be impressed by on a resume.
    dbeam likes this.

I follow my own Blog
    Work is for people that don't know how to fish.

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Welcome to the site, good luck on your search.

Darrell
    Red X Angler

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would try NCWatermen United site... they get a lot of charter captains there... We don't have so many on our site.

And I would mail resumes to Oregon Inlet fishing center, Teach's lair Marina, and research the internet for individual charter captains and email them.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

Can you tie a hay wire twist, how about a 2 hook dropper rig? Can you rig ballyhoo and tie a bowline? These are not the end all be all, but if you're serious you should be confident in doing all of the above before you approach someone to discuss working on their boat. Good luck
    dbeam, and sboro like this.

Head boats might be a good start.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Captains Club
    Kayak Angler
    Blog Entries

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements