Cape Lookout

Thread: Cape Lookout

Default Cape Lookout

It looks like I am going to be doing some camping at Cape Lookout this weekend and was wondering if anyone had tips for that area for this time of year?

Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Pretty slim pickings out of the surf this time of year, but you might be able to find a school of red drum in the surf, black drum, sea mullet & puffers in the sloughs. Fresh shrimp on a fish finder, double bottom rig or Carolina rig would be my advice. Bring a book & a chair!

Default Re: Re: Cape Lookout

Quote Originally Posted by bmac View Post
    Pretty slim pickings out of the surf this time of year, but you might be able to find a school of red drum in the surf, black drum, sea mullet & puffers in the sloughs. Fresh shrimp on a fish finder, double bottom rig or Carolina rig would be my advice. Bring a book & a chair!

Is there anything on the back side of the Island that holds fish, grass flats, oyster beds, potholes, etc? I haven't been to this area before so I'm not sure about the specific geography.

Thanks for the Reply

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Some good info here if you have never been to Cape Lookout: http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threa...O-surf-fishing

Just remember it is the end of the line. Are you taking a car over?
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

I am trying to get one of my buddies to let me take his truck, but we will see lol.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements