NC Angler Forums banner

Minn Kota trolling motor repair

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Venom17 
#1 ·
As the title says, need some help with my trolling motor, Minn Kota C2 Endura 55lbs hand control. Worked fine 3 weeks ago, started to go fishing Sunday and lost forward settings 1 and 3: and reverse 1 and 2. All other settings work fine. So I know the motor itself is good. I replaced the tiller controller twice with new ones and no change. So all 3 controllers has the same settings. The motor is 5 months old and has never been in salt. All connections are bright copper with dielectric grease. Battery showing 13.6 volts and was load tested to 65amps and tested good. I'm at a loss now. Anybody got any ideas to try? I'm open to suggestions.

Reactions: trigger22
#2 ·
On some of the Minn-Kotas there are resistive windings that control the speed of the motor. It seems that 1 or more of those may have opened up, and when those are selected to a specific speed, the motor will not run. I have seen them just come loose or break, you'll need to open the motor up and look at it to see if that is the case.

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies. It will have to wait a bit since the fish are biting now. It works good enough to keep me on the water till I can buy a foot controlled one. Thanks Sundrop, forgot about Hwy 70 pawn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.