NC Angler Forums banner

Jordan Lake / Vista Point "Sailboat" launch

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jeffonc 
#1 ·
This is a great kayak launch - maybe the best I've seen at an NC park. Wish there were more just like it.

Its located off the Vista Point Boat Ramp parking lot - labeled Sailboat Launch. Puts you within 100yds of the big white ball. Wide gravel drive down from the lot, mud/sand beach for launching. I haven't explored much around that location. Seems to be heavily exposed to the elements and the crowds, so may be better for off-peak season kayak launching.

Directions to Vista Point - from Raleigh... Hwy 64 west, pass over the lake twice (main lake at Seaforth ramp and again over Parker's Creek), then left (south) on Seaforth Rd. Left (south east) onto N. Pea Ridge Rd. Takes you right into the Vista Point Park area. There's a gate house where I'm sure they charge entrance fees during the park season and the gates are probably closed to overnight traffic. Also has camping area.

Here's some pics:

downhill toward the boat ramp

uphill parking

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.