Trouts

Thread: Trouts

Default Trouts

After a disastrous Monday with the youngest at lake Tomahawk, I slipped away with the oldest to hole hop the Swannano-no this evening. We caught fish, and I let most of mine get off on purpose. Alex and his sweetie pie like trout, so we kept a few. I tried out my new Spirex I bought months ago. I never realized how much I missed that trigger🤗. 1/8th oz. black and gold Panther Martin's worked. If I had thought to bring a trashbag we would have cleaned up the 100 worm containers that people have left.🤡
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20170411_193304.jpg‎
Views:	331
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	137602

Red X angler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Pretty work there, makes the long drive worthwhile.
    Aka: Inshorefisher

Ill never understand the litter I see on those beautiful creeks and rivers. worm containers, beer cans, freaking mattresses, you name it.
    ChltBnks, rgarbar, and Riverhills like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Some people lack respect for the outdoors and just don't care.

I wonder what their backyard looks like... and the inside of their house.....

Stopped the other day by Anchor Steam. There are 100's of photos someone dumped by the road. Probably 20 photo albums. Used drug paraphernalia under the bridge, too.
    Red X angler

Quote Originally Posted by slickrocktom View Post
    After a disastrous Monday with the youngest at lake Tomahawk, I slipped away with the oldest to hole hop the Swannano-no this evening. We caught fish, and I let most of mine get off on purpose. Alex and his sweetie pie like trout, so we kept a few. I tried out my new Spirex I bought months ago. I never realized how much I missed that trigger珞. 1/8th oz. black and gold Panther Martin's worked. If I had thought to bring a trashbag we would have cleaned up the 100 worm containers that people have left.嵐
    Good day!! Noticed your comment on your Spirex. I just got one myself and was glad to see another trigger action. Thought they were out of production. I have noticed with mine on anything using a steady retrieve (like PM or Mepps) It feels like I am dragging a bit of grass or small stick through the water. Have you experienced any thing like this with the Spirex? It casts great!
    That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is it?

No really. I had one years ago (20) and it's still going strong, but in my oldest son's hands now. I missed that quickfire trigger, so I put my Penn's away and bought another one. The reel I really miss is my Shimano Speedmaster. It got pulled off Fontana spillway when I was netting a brown for a friend of mine.
    Red X angler

Default Trouts

Quote Originally Posted by slickrocktom View Post
    No really. I had one years ago (20) and it's still going strong, but in my oldest son's hands now. I missed that quickfire trigger, so I put my Penn's away and bought another one. The reel I really miss is my Shimano Speedmaster. It got pulled off Fontana spillway when I was netting a brown for a friend of mine.
    Ouch!! Really hurts to loose one like that! I nearly lost one last week to a striper. Got to it just in time. Was fishing a live shiner on a Carolina bottom rig and propped it to grab another rod. Heard it going just in time! Think I will take my Spirex apart and re-lube it to see if that helps. Have it on a Shimano 7ft med-lite action rod and really like the quick fire trigger. Just don't understand the dragging feeling on a steady retrieve.
    Click image for larger version.

Name:	Stripper.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	139354
    Last edited by wademaster; 04-23-2017 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Spelling.
    That, that is, is. That, that is not, is not. Is it?

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements