Harris reservoir yesterday, anyone have any luck? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harris reservoir yesterday, anyone have any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by TexRob View Post
    I forgot to ask what area is referred to as "the island"?
    The arm of the lake fed by Jim Branch and Buckhorn Creek has a small island that guards a cove formed by those two creeks. It's a great spot, but it's quite a run from the Holloman ramp, most people put in at 42, and it's still 5 minutes wide open on a bass boat. BUT: if you take Cass Holt road until it turns to gravel, you'll eventually come to a hollow that crosses a stream near the remains of the old Buckhorn Creek dam. There's room to park on the side of the road and put in a kayak, and you can be at the island in 10 minutes of paddling. Lots of grass edges producing lots of good fish.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I went yesterday (4/16). I got no love from bass. But I started targeting channel cats at around 4:30PM and just slayed it for an hour and a half.

D7
    Pinoy Angler, and wademaster like this.

Got 30+ crappie on Saturday. Two bass that were a nice fight on our ultralight tackle with 4 lb test, got'em in the boat too! What technique did you use on the catfish I'd like to start catching more of those.

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? (Matthew 16:26)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My son and i went out buckhorn creek in the kayak sunday afternoon as well. Paddled the choppy water out to the island with no luck there. Picked up 1 bass on the way back on a top water frog but that was it. Then the wind really picked up at our backs and we pretty much surfed back to the creek. I will say, there are a bunch of trees down in the creek now and we had to duck to squeeze through a very small opening under one of the trees to get through the only opening to the lake.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    EvBlue likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ppowell View Post
    Got 30+ crappie on Saturday. Two bass that were a nice fight on our ultralight tackle with 4 lb test, got'em in the boat too! What technique did you use on the catfish I'd like to start catching more of those.
    Nothing fancy, just punch bait on treble hooks under a slip float about 7' deep. Caught them in a small cove in about 12 FOW. Caught them all right next to my kayak. I think they were using it as cover.

D7
    wademaster likes this.

So, has anyone actually launched a kayak at the bridge? I can't find a place to do it

Quote Originally Posted by TexRob View Post
    So, has anyone actually launched a kayak at the bridge? I can't find a place to do it
    Ok, so, for anyone who finds this, I would suggest launching on the South side of the Southeast side of the bridge. There is a path that starts at the guard rail that leads down to a small cove. It's kind of a haul, but nothing terrible.

Starting a new post for a new Harris visit now.
    basswrangler, and dumeril7 like this.

Thanks for that info. I've been wondering exactly where to launch from the bridge as well. Enjoyed your trip report BTW. Hope you land a new gig soon!

D7

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12