Motorized Kayak Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorized Kayak Question

I mounted one on my yak for the long runs. I have fished over 7 hrs. no problem. I did not run it the whole time. In the past using a trolling motor on a Bass Hunter, size 24 battery, and we fished a 10 hour day no problem. Best question is, How good it your battery?
    wademaster likes this.

RETIRED 3/14/17 YEAH!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by NewYakker View Post
    Whatever your trolling motor is, there should be a section in the owners manual or available online that will show you the Amp draw. That'll typically be the max draw. So if it's 15ah draw and a 45ah battery you know you'll have roughly 3hrs at max thrust in a perfect scenario.
    That does not sound bad at all. I was mostly curious to see if installing a TM at the transom of the Kayak will be better than using the outboard but I think I will stay with the thought of the Outboard just because I don't live near the ocean so I'll have to travel for the weekend and dealing with battery charging on a hotel/motel is a little of a pain. Well thanks for the info it seems very simple to figure out that way.
    wademaster likes this.

Always kiss your favorite lure before you cast cause you may never see it again.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12