If you want to help NC fisheries.....

Thread: If you want to help NC fisheries.....

Default If you want to help NC fisheries.....

Please take the time to read the attached link to HB 867 - Coastal Fisheries and Economic Development Act http://www.ncleg.net/gascripts/BillL...utton=Go%20%20

If you like the idea of protecting and improving our coastal fisheries and helping local business, please contact your representatives and ask that they support HB 867. You can find who your representatives are and get their email and phone numbers at the link below.

http://www.ncleg.net/representation/...resentsMe.aspx
    biglenr, and GreyGhost like this.

Cash poor. Tackle rich.
    Red X Angler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for posting Bruce.
    "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." - Gladiator

So, basically what I see throughout the entire bill is that "sustainable harvest" would be eliminated and replaced by "fishery conservation".
    Not quite sure how the general public is represented if the fisheries are in fact identified as a public resource but harvest is eliminated.

And when you say that this would help local business, obviously you are being selective as to which businesses you are attempting to help, as I think that this bill if passed will harm a number of local businesses that are involved with harvest and sale of seafood, along with businesses that support those efforts.

But anyway, I have written to my reps with my thoughts regarding the bill. Thanks for the reminder.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Would those harms be short term or long term?

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements